What are some of your favorite fall foods?

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
So it's about that time of year...fall! Not only that, but it will be my first fall here in the GORGEOUS New England, and anyone from the states knows how awesome that will be! Now that fall is approaching, there are going to be a lot of new foods on the shelves at the stores, fresh fall fruits and veggies at the farmer's markets, and Starbucks will be bringing back its Pumpkin Spice Latte! :love: I know there are certain foods that I love that are mainly fall foods, such as pumpkin (and any variation thereof), apple butter, butternut squash, apples, and sweet potatoes. What are some of YOUR favorite fall foods? xo

Replies

• springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp apples. Nothing better than them.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to harvesting our squashes & pumpkins, our sweetcorn is very late this year, so it's virtually an autumn food! I'm also looking forward to making lots of yummy things with our apples and quinces....
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Butternut squash or pumpkin soup! Mmmmm....
  • krlindsa
    krlindsa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Anything baked with pumpkin, and acorn squash that I make in the microwave.
  • nursesamd
    Options

AGREED!!!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options

SO TRUE! I love the fresh from the orchard! Also - alpines, apple crisp, apple cider, chili, and potato soup.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to harvesting our squashes & pumpkins, our sweetcorn is very late this year, so it's virtually an autumn food! I'm also looking forward to making lots of yummy things with our apples and quinces....

This may make me sound a bit daft, but what is a quince? lol
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

Absolutely and completely agree!!!! The BEST apples, or any fruit for that matter, EVER!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin flavored beer!!! :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I love stoups as Rachel Ray calls them.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Apples!!! I really hope the walmart here gets some decent ones! And maybe the co-op. I've been disappointed so far and I am CRAVING apples!!!! (I miss Sprouts!!!)
  • world2c
    world2c Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    honeycrisp apples- YUM!!! also, I love butternut squash...my favorite recipe ever for fall:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/butternut-squash-gratin-with-blue-cheese-sage-10000001860069/

OMG! It's fantastic!! I normally cook a pork chop on time and WOW! what a meal!! NOM NOM NOM...

Something yummy to look forward too! I'm a New Englander (NH to be exact)!!
  • sldavis73
    Options
    Homemade vegetable soup........... Yum!!! :)
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Oh my, what's not to like...

Top of my list is real French cassoulet. But freshly pressed apple cider, pumpkin blossom soup, baked squash, the last of the stone fruit (peaches, apricots, nectarines, etc.) baked into a crumble.

Hmm...I detect a trend. Baked carbs. :tongue:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Pie, and oh by the way, Pumpkin Pie, and on Halloween I allow myself some candy corn.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Well let's see this isn't going to be healthy but since Thanksgiving fixing to be here it isn't that far off... I LOVE anything with pumpkin soo I LOVE pumpkin pie I know it isn't healthy but it is yummy...
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Anything pumpkin! And homemade chili...only this year it will be made with turkey and I'll leave off the corn chips and sour cream :)
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Anything pumpkin! And homemade chili...only this year it will be made with turkey and I'll leave off the corn chips and sour cream :)
    Oooh, yes! Chili for sure!!
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options

Oh i LOVE chili!!! Also one of my favorites.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    In the last year or so I've discovered PUMPKIN! :heart: :heart: Send recipes my way!!:laugh: And last year I found a squash recipe that I thought was super good.

I also love Macintosh apples (Originally an Upstate NY-er) and apple cider.

I can't wait for it to be cool enough to make some good chili. (Although, living in FL that tends to become a winter food...)

Also, specifically, I CAN NOT WAIT to have some stuffing at Thanksgiving. By far my favorite holiday side-dish. :happy: