Connecting apple watch

Options
How can I connect app with my Apple Watch?

Replies

• Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch & MFP don’t play nicely with each other. I got my Apple Watch early March & someone here suggested to download Pacer, then connect that to Apple Watch & MFP.
    Set your activity level in MFP to not very active.
    When you track a workout in Apple Watch & sync Pacer to MFP, you’ll get your calorie adjustment.
    You’ll see two adjustments. One from Pacer, one from Apple health. Delete the Apple heath adjustment bc it’s a double.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You can also unsync from Apple so as not to get that other adjustment that just should be deleted.

I believe Pacer also passes on the steps, so in MFP app for step source you can select Pacer.
    Might confirm that still works.
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My issue with AW & MFP is that any activity I do gets immediately added to my Food calories. I don't have to meet a basic burn goal for the day first in order to ensure I have my deficit for weight loss calories eaten vs burned. That's an epic fail.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    GBO323 wrote: »
    My issue with AW & MFP is that any activity I do gets immediately added to my Food calories. I don't have to meet a basic burn goal for the day first in order to ensure I have my deficit for weight loss calories eaten vs burned. That's an epic fail.

Perhaps a misunderstanding of how the system, and your body, works.
    If you don't account for calories above and beyond what MFP based your eating goal on - you'd be creating a bigger deficit if you didn't increase the eating goal.
    Life lesson regarding weight maintenance:
    You do more, you eat more.
    You do less, you eat less. (that's the kicker direction for most on MFP trying to lose weight)

Depending on how your body feels about a bigger deficit - this is usually a negative for most people long term - the body will adapt in undesired ways.
    Some people have small reasonable deficits, and workouts are not that intense - so no big whoop.
    But others are already pushing the edge of reasonable or beyond, and until their bodies adapt to slow them down - the bigger deficit is not good for them. Studies have shown more people are like that.

Now, many don't use MFP as designed and it can work as you seem to be describing - but you have to recognize if you are not and realize advice for your method doesn't fit in with those using the MFP method.
    That's like, an epic fail.