Dukan diet anyone

So I am on my third day of this diet not bad so far. Anyone else doing this diet?

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    never heard of it
  • lilianbates3578
    lilianbates3578 Posts: 2 Member
    I’ve just started phase 2!! Lost almost 3kg in the first week!! I love this diet. The reason the calorie restriction is unlimited is because if you only eat protein (which is basically phase 1 and 2) then your insulin level never spikes so you’re not converting any carbs to energy/fat stores. All your energy comes from fat stores in your body being converted to energy. Honestly, a lot of the weight you lose at the start is water weight because you’re not eating carbs so they’re not absorbing as much liquid, but it’s still an incredible way to lose weight if nothing else has worked for you.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Dukan diet always makes me think about rabbit starvation. I suppose most people don't actually stick only to super lean meat to that extent, and it sounds like vegetables are somewhat encouraged, maybe (although comments about no carbs, and the fact that many people would interpret "unlimited veg" as "very few" from what I've see in some diets, still makes me worry a bit).

https://www.raising-rabbits.com/rabbit-starvation.html
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    That was a strangely interesting article. I had no idea.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    There are exceptions, but in general stay away from named diets.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    Sounds dangerously hard on the kidneys. Too much protein can really harm them.