Calorie Counter

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

No weight loss this week :/

JK1542020JK1542020 Member, Premium Posts: 73 Member Member, Premium Posts: 73 Member
If anyone has a spare few minutes today would you mind looking at my diary? I didnt lose any weight this week and I'm not sure why. I'm not on my period, I log accurately with a digi food scale and weigh every bite, I excersise and wear a Fitbit but never eat back the full calorie adjustment so I doubt it's that.

Any insight would be great or is it just an off week? Feeling a bit deflated as I've worked hard :/

«13

Replies

  • JK1542020JK1542020 Member, Premium Posts: 73 Member Member, Premium Posts: 73 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    You weigh weekly?
    Weight loss isn't linear, sometimes you weigh in at the same weight, or even a higher weight. If the general trend (over 4 to 6 weeks) is downwards, you shouldn't worry.
    Weight fluctuations are normal, due to all sorts of reasons: hormonal cycle (not necessarily only during TOM), change in exercise, changes in salt or carb intake,...

    I weigh daily to better understand my fluctuations and overall trend. If you weigh weekly, your weigh-in day might be a high day or a low day, you don't know.

    No I weigh daily. But I've been the same weight every day for around 10 days
  • ButtermelloButtermello Member Posts: 113 Member Member Posts: 113 Member
    Did you increase the amount of exercise you do? You could be retaining water weight.

    Sometimes tho... it just takes time. Weightloss isnt linear.
  • glassyoglassyo Member Posts: 4,405 Member Member Posts: 4,405 Member
    It's the EXACT SAME WEIGHT every day? Emphasis because that sounds weird to me even tho I only weigh once a week. :)

    Along with weight loss not being linear, check the batteries in your scale. Just in case...
  • JK1542020JK1542020 Member, Premium Posts: 73 Member Member, Premium Posts: 73 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    It's the EXACT SAME WEIGHT every day? Emphasis because that sounds weird to me even tho I only weigh once a week. :)

    Along with weight loss not being linear, check the batteries in your scale. Just in case...

    Thanks I'll check. Yes exact same weight each day for over a week, but as far as I can see I'm staying in a decent deficit I'd of expected at least a pound off....
  • JK1542020JK1542020 Member, Premium Posts: 73 Member Member, Premium Posts: 73 Member
    Diary is set to private so can’t comment on that specifically.

    If you’re maintaining a calorie deficit, it’s likely water weight. Since the heat finally hit where I am, I’ve swelled up like Violet Beauregard and it’s showing on the scale. Sodium levels will also contribute, particularly if you aren’t drinking enough water.

    I checked it again it is public but perhaps it needs to update or something. Not sure what else I can do, says public on my end sorry.
  • LietchiLietchi Member Posts: 898 Member Member Posts: 898 Member
    JK1542020 wrote: »
    Diary is set to private so can’t comment on that specifically.

    If you’re maintaining a calorie deficit, it’s likely water weight. Since the heat finally hit where I am, I’ve swelled up like Violet Beauregard and it’s showing on the scale. Sodium levels will also contribute, particularly if you aren’t drinking enough water.

    I checked it again it is public but perhaps it needs to update or something. Not sure what else I can do, says public on my end sorry.

    It is public, but you seem to be weighing everything, so not much to say (for me).
    I presume your broccoli quiche is your own recipe?
    The exact same weight every day is strange though. Have you tried weighing yourself with something heavy (for example a bottle of water) and then weighing again without the heavy object? That's how I weigh myself every morning, to avoid the 'fake consistency' that seems to be programmed in many scales.
  • JK1542020JK1542020 Member, Premium Posts: 73 Member Member, Premium Posts: 73 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    JK1542020 wrote: »
    Diary is set to private so can’t comment on that specifically.

    If you’re maintaining a calorie deficit, it’s likely water weight. Since the heat finally hit where I am, I’ve swelled up like Violet Beauregard and it’s showing on the scale. Sodium levels will also contribute, particularly if you aren’t drinking enough water.

    I checked it again it is public but perhaps it needs to update or something. Not sure what else I can do, says public on my end sorry.

    It is public, but you seem to be weighing everything, so not much to say (for me).
    I presume your broccoli quiche is your own recipe?
    The exact same weight every day is strange though. Have you tried weighing yourself with something heavy (for example a bottle of water) and then weighing again without the heavy object? That's how I weigh myself every morning, to avoid the 'fake consistency' that seems to be programmed in many scales.

    Thank you, yes anything that says just like "quiche" or "chilli" is my.own tecipie wich I weigh out and edit each ingredient each time i make it so it's still accurate, no guesses

    Maybe I'll lose next week 🤷‍♀️
  • paperpuddingpaperpudding Member Posts: 5,830 Member Member Posts: 5,830 Member
    I weigh weekly.

    Some people weigh daily, some weekly - that isnt the issue.

    Whether you weigh daily or weekly - weight loss is not linear.

    Some days/weeks you wont lose - you might even gain a bit.

    But your overall trend should be downward - ie more downs than ups and over time a steady decrease.


    if you have been going well for a while ie at your expected pace (on average) and this week was the same as far as calorie intake goes - you dont need to do anything. Just carry on.
  • DjPeazyDjPeazy Member Posts: 12 Member Member Posts: 12 Member
    It gets so frustrating when this happens but dont give in to those negative thoughts of "why am I even trying" or "what's the point" but remember it's better to maintain than to regain
  • ShortgirlrunningShortgirlrunning Member Posts: 828 Member Member Posts: 828 Member
    Is it the week before your period? because that’s when I bloat and hold on to extra water weight.
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,941 Member Member Posts: 1,941 Member
    JK1542020 wrote: »
    I'd of expected at least a pound off....

    Ah, expectations.

    Release them, Little Grasshopper.

    Neither the universe nor the scale will live up to your expectations.

    haha! Ain't that the truth!
  • kshama2001kshama2001 Member Posts: 21,917 Member Member Posts: 21,917 Member
    briscogun wrote: »
    JK1542020 wrote: »
    Lietchi wrote: »
    You weigh weekly?
    Weight loss isn't linear, sometimes you weigh in at the same weight, or even a higher weight. If the general trend (over 4 to 6 weeks) is downwards, you shouldn't worry.
    Weight fluctuations are normal, due to all sorts of reasons: hormonal cycle (not necessarily only during TOM), change in exercise, changes in salt or carb intake,...

    I weigh daily to better understand my fluctuations and overall trend. If you weigh weekly, your weigh-in day might be a high day or a low day, you don't know.

    No I weigh daily. But I've been the same weight every day for around 10 days

    Exactly the same weight 10 days in a row? Maybe it’s the scale battery if so

    This. My scale has a "memory". It will go back to the same weight as the day before all the time. "Oh, you again? Here's the figure I gave you yesterday. Now go away..."

    If I take out the batteries and it resets, then I will get a "new" figure. So I just reset it every time I weigh.

    I've been keeping a spreadsheet of my weight and calories for the last 3 months and I just checked it real quick. I haven't had the same weight for a streak longer than 3 days. I have a lot of 2 day streaks. So 10 days does sound more like a technological glitch. Chances of the human body being the exact same weight for 10 days is a long shot. Not impossible, but seems unlikely.

    Yes, I've never had the same weight more than 2 days in a row.
    edited May 25
  • harper16harper16 Member Posts: 1,622 Member Member Posts: 1,622 Member
    briscogun wrote: »
    JK1542020 wrote: »
    Lietchi wrote: »
    You weigh weekly?
    Weight loss isn't linear, sometimes you weigh in at the same weight, or even a higher weight. If the general trend (over 4 to 6 weeks) is downwards, you shouldn't worry.
    Weight fluctuations are normal, due to all sorts of reasons: hormonal cycle (not necessarily only during TOM), change in exercise, changes in salt or carb intake,...

    I weigh daily to better understand my fluctuations and overall trend. If you weigh weekly, your weigh-in day might be a high day or a low day, you don't know.

    No I weigh daily. But I've been the same weight every day for around 10 days

    Exactly the same weight 10 days in a row? Maybe it’s the scale battery if so

    This. My scale has a "memory". It will go back to the same weight as the day before all the time. "Oh, you again? Here's the figure I gave you yesterday. Now go away..."

    If I take out the batteries and it resets, then I will get a "new" figure. So I just reset it every time I weigh.

    I've been keeping a spreadsheet of my weight and calories for the last 3 months and I just checked it real quick. I haven't had the same weight for a streak longer than 3 days. I have a lot of 2 day streaks. So 10 days does sound more like a technological glitch. Chances of the human body being the exact same weight for 10 days is a long shot. Not impossible, but seems unlikely.

    Thank you for sharing. I'm going to try this. I too can go several days at the exact same weight.
Sign In or Register to comment.