Just Say “NO” to 40

butler879
butler879 Posts: 64 Member
edited May 2020 in Success Stories
About 8 years ago I did a “Just say NO to 30 post”. I had just turned 30 and I was smoking a pack a day and in the worst shape of my life. Turned that all around and got really fit. 4 years into being healthy and fit I injured my back and could not get it recovered. A year ago I was convinced to do physical therapy couples with Chiropractics & Massage Therapy. I started seeing some progress with the pain. I made it back into the gym and stayed there. Despite the exercise, my diet had been so poor I had hit my heaviest weight of 228 this January. I made a commitment to get in the best shape of my life before I turn 40 this year. I completely changed my diet using MyFitnessPal, and lost 45lbs. Now I’m 183lbs and feel like I’m in my best shape. Here are my before and now pics.

Replies

• CBLC83
    CBLC83 Posts: 60 Member
    Ha! I noticed the smile first then the amazing accomplishment then also noticed that you have painted your walls since the before and after pics 🤦

Congratulations!!!!!!! Amazing transformation.
  • janstewart62
    janstewart62 Posts: 88 Member
    Fabulous !!
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Well done!
  • jenwalkingfurther
    jenwalkingfurther Posts: 224 Member
    Awesome!
  • striving4_success
    striving4_success Posts: 12 Member
    Great job!!
  • Tiffanylynn1024
    Tiffanylynn1024 Posts: 167 Member
    You look amazing! Your smile is gorgeous 😊
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    The 40s get pooped on a lot as a challenging decade of life. Meanwhile, it looks like you're just starting your best decade. Good on you!
  • That's what's up!

Great job!
  • mspenelopeparker644
    mspenelopeparker644 Posts: 11 Member
    Hell yes!!! Good for you!!! 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻
  • Shape2013
    Shape2013 Posts: 1 Member
    Welcom to the 40s!
    Nice job. Very inspiring!
  • jperdomo79
    jperdomo79 Posts: 59 Member
    Welcome to the 40's amd amazing work!
  • cannonk40
    cannonk40 Posts: 1 Member
    You look fantastic ! Great job !
  • Kmkonowal
    Kmkonowal Posts: 7 Member
    Wow great smile! And wow what progress! So inspiring! Well done!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Yep adding to the great smile group.
    But also omg!!! Look at those guns!!!
    You look incredible! I'm so glad you found a solution to a longstanding back injury.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Looks like you went from Dad Bod to Rad Bod. Nice work! And welcome to one of your best decades! I turn 41 in a couple weeks and I've never felt better, even at "only" halfway to goal weight.
  • FoolishJoy
    FoolishJoy Posts: 139 Member
    butler879 wrote: »
    About 8 years ago I did a “Just say NO to 30 post”. I had just turned 30 and I was smoking a pack a day and in the worst shape of my life. Turned that all around and got really fit. 4 years into being healthy and fit I injured my back and could not get it recovered. A year ago I was convinced to do physical therapy couples with Chiropractics & Massage Therapy. I started seeing some progress with the pain. I made it back into the gym and stayed there. Despite the exercise, my diet had been so poor I had hit my heaviest weight of 228 this January. I made a commitment to get in the best shape of my life before I turn 40 this year. I completely changed my diet using MyFitnessPal, and lost 45lbs. Now I’m 183lbs and feel like I’m in my best shape. Here are my before and now pics.

I'll be 40 in October and have recently committed to a life of fitness! I'm on day 4 of quitting smoking, do 1-2 miles of Leslie Sansone aerobics 5 days a week, and eat a clean pescatarian diet. I'm currently at 205 lbs at 5'7" and am slowing working my way down to my goal weight of 195. I refuse to turn 40 in horrible condition. Just say "no!"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!