Several small meals a day or 2-3 big meals?

Options
2»

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    Is it just a preference, or is one better then the other?
    many small (100-250 cal) or 2-3 big (450-600 cal) meals? are there any benefits to either choice? or does it not really matter all that much?

thanks <3

Neither is objectively better than the other - and of course it isnt a false dichotomy either, you can do any combination of calories - not neccesarily 2-3 big meals or many mini meals
    Some people even do one meal a day (thats definitily not for me)

I eat 3 meals per day, not all the same calorie size and one mid morning snack and one small after dinner snack

But sometimes I skip the mid morning snack and sometimes I only have 2 main meals -, every day doesnt have to be the same either.
  • minimiss669
    minimiss669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I think that might be key... not every day has to be the same. Switching it up might have unusual advantages.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    Well, no, I'm not saying switching it up is the key to anything or has any advantages.

I see no advantages, other than personal preference, to eating exactly the same calorie/ timing pattern every day or it being different on different days.

• minimiss669
    minimiss669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well, no, I'm not saying switching it up is the key to anything or has any advantages.

I see no advantages, other than personal preference, to eating exactly the same calorie/ timing pattern every day or it being different on different days.

Darn it, I thought I hit upon a key to weight loss! Something else I wonder about eating large meals, say as you would if you were eating within a small time window. If I'm eating more than I need at that moment, doesn't the extra get stored as fat? Im guessing that the body doesn't work that way, but I associate being full with gaining weight.