Sad reality.

I've done the math and I've figured out that I cannot create a 2lb a week deficit without either going under 1200 cals (not recommended so I won't do) or exercising and not eating back my calories. I've just been somewhat surprised to learn this. At 220 lbs ( still very much obese) but only lightly active I really still would have thought that 1200 cals would have allowed me to lose 2 lbs a week. I do exercise some but this knowledge has just kind of bummed me out. I'm also looking ahead in my journey and realizing that the smaller I get, the slower this process is going to be. Sometimes it just seems like it will take forever. Ya know what I mean? Ok..impatient whiny session over. But anyone else have these thoughts?

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited May 2020
    Are you pretty tall?
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    Are you pretty tall?

5'6" so no, not really.
  • KittyPryde2
    KittyPryde2 Posts: 38 Member
    What kind of job do you have? (if you don't mind me asking)
  • joyanna2016
    What kind of job do you have? (if you don't mind me asking)

School administrative assistant but of course now I am home
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,591 Member
    @duckpuddle
    I think I have an MFP crush on you!!!

Me too!!!
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    I'm 5'6" and have never had to eat that little to lose 2lb a week when I was 220lb or thereabouts. How are you calculating this? Have you actually tried it or is this all hypothetical? 1200 is very low. I ate 1500 for a while and felt *awful*.
  • joyanna2016
    scarlett_k wrote: »
    I'm 5'6" and have never had to eat that little to lose 2lb a week when I was 220lb or thereabouts. How are you calculating this? Have you actually tried it or is this all hypothetical? 1200 is very low. I ate 1500 for a while and felt *awful*.

I started noticing I wasnt losing quite as much each week and my "expected weight in 5 wks" was no longer a 10 lb loss at 1200 cals so I looked it up on the calculator mentioned by some on MFP called "fat to fit" after figuring my bmr and tdee it confirmed.