Replies

• MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    With Keto you can't eat any carbs???
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    KHMcG wrote: »

I believe keto is typically 50 grams of carbs per day or less.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Just signed up for next powerlifting meet and have 58 days to get down 15 lbs! YIKES!!!

200.8 this morning.

Oh nice! That is motivation! Good luck :)
  • quiksylver296
    edited May 2020
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Just signed up for next powerlifting meet and have 58 days to get down 15 lbs! YIKES!!!

200.8 this morning.

It's definitely a kick in the butt. I have a wedding and a birthday party to go to tomorrow. I'm gonna have to keep my eyes on the prize.
  • sardelsa

200.8 this morning.

It's definitely a kick in the butt. I have a wedding and a birthday party to go to tomorrow. I'm gonna have to keep my eyes on the prize.

Oh wow I don't know where you live but all our social gatherings have come to a screeching halt for the foreseeable future (which is not a bad thing since I have no clothes to wear lol). Enjoy!
  • quiksylver296

200.8 this morning.

Oh wow I don't know where you live but all our social gatherings have come to a screeching halt for the foreseeable future (which is not a bad thing since I have no clothes to wear lol). Enjoy!

Idaho. Groups of 20 are ok. Churches are open if you maintain social distancing (for the wedding) and the birthday party is at my sister's with just family.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member

200.8 this morning.

Idaho. Groups of 20 are ok. Churches are open if you maintain social distancing (for the wedding) and the birthday party is at my sister's with just family.

I'm moving to Idaho I think. We're stupid here.
  • quiksylver296

200.8 this morning.

I'm moving to Idaho I think. We're stupid here.

Might as well. Everyone else is! :laugh:
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator

I believe keto is typically 50 grams of carbs per day or less.

This is correct. But i can vary based on activity level. For example, i have seen cyclist be able to maintain 200g and still be in ketosis.

I run net 30-50g.
  • sardelsa
    Yesss @steveko89 !! Congrats on the comp and PRs, you'll get that DL next time :)

Haha awesome, that prelifting sugar rush really makes a difference doesn't it? ;)
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    @steveko89 - looking awesome! Nice numbers.

Just maintaining here. Pushups and pull-ups... countless. I’m getting really really good at them. lol. Hopefully my gym opens soon. We did go out today and took a walk downtown San Mateo. Picked up some takeout too!

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,386 MFP Moderator
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    @steveko89 - looking awesome! Nice numbers.

Just maintaining here. Pushups and pull-ups... countless. I’m getting really really good at them. lol. Hopefully my gym opens soon. We did go out today and took a walk downtown San Mateo. Picked up some takeout too!

OMG, I love Bon Chon
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,214 Member
    h10y4rwek5kp.jpeg

I need to take some more data over the next few days but the Skulpt numbers back up what I’m seeing in the mirror and scale while staying home; down 3-4 lbs and allegedly it’s mostly fat
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,214 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    h10y4rwek5kp.jpeg

I need to take some more data over the next few days but the Skulpt numbers back up what I’m seeing in the mirror and scale while staying home; down 3-4 lbs and allegedly it’s mostly fat

Wow, that is a neat gadget! Would you recommend it? I'm dying to know my BF% and I struggle with the little $5 calipers. & Are you still doing Arnold's plan (forgive me if I'm mistaken & you weren't)? Anyway, 12.5%? AMAZING!

I do like it. I was actually part of the beta for this version so I got it for free; I don’t know I’d recommend it at msrp ($99) but it looks like they can be had for less via a quick google. IMO it’s certainly an improvement on most other electronic devices in the space.

I’ve done some tweaking to Arnold’s program and turned it into a 5day with a different rep range mwf (3-5, 6-8, 9-12), with 3-4 sets using double progression somewhat similar to how PHUL is written.
  • sardelsa
    As for me, I am 8 months post-partum, my weight is finally stable again. Phew. I am not even sure I am recomping anymore but at this point goal is to be lean enough to bulk in the fall without looking like a Twizzler. :p

ihh9ep3d9bm4.jpeg

Lifting is going well, added an extra 4th day to my sessions, a high rep banded glute and ab circuit day to keep my motivation high. Good for the days when the kids aren't cooperating it can be done in 20 min and anywhere in the house.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Is there a tack stuck in the heel of your right foot? Did you recently step on a lego?

Definitely a Lego. Does it matter?