1200 calories

MrsLloyd02
MrsLloyd02 Posts: 2 Member
I’m 150lb 5’5 female on 1200 calories a day. I lost weight doing this before but gained it back during Covid so I’m back on it but I’m dying in my first couple days. I’m so hungry. What do y’alls meal plan look in a day on 1200? Thanks!

Replies

• eccentricplaza
    eccentricplaza Posts: 115 Member
    Like adding more food back in? I couldn't stick to it when I did a cut, I had to go back to losing slower, but for about 2 weeks my diet looked like this:

Protein shake for breakfast.

Big salads with minimal dressing paired with shredded chicken, or other kinds of lean meat for lunch.

Always steamed veggies like carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, and green beans paired with tuna steak, salmon, or chicken breast for dinner.

It got old pretty fast, and the one thing I had to do was season everything or else it got old even faster.

Best of luck.
  • MrsLloyd02
    MrsLloyd02 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks guys. I know it’s a low calorie goal but I like to lose weight faster because it tends to help me stick to it easier if I see results faster. I did lose weight last time but I was hungry lol and I love food so it’s def not easy. I am ok going over the 1200 but I still find it hard to find filling food and not go over. I have started back at the gym now that they’re open again. Thanks for the tips. I know I’m a little crazy for doing 1200 🤫
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    If your goal is 1200 you should always be at least a little over anyway. 1200 is the bare minimum of calories a person should consume.

But if you’re hungry all the time you should probably just up your calories. You won’t lose as fast but you’re more likely to stick with it.

Or maybe try 5:2 intermittent fasting. You pick two days of the week (not consecutive) to fast so you can eat more on the other five. So two days a week you “fast” by only eating 600 calories. The other five days you get 1440 calories (plus exercise calories). You’ve still consumed the same numbers of calories over the course of the week so it doesn’t slow your weight loss but you might find it more sustainable than being at 1200 every day.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    if the graphic didn't show up (the PC I'm on has an old browser so I'm not seeing images and can't tell if it posted correctly or not), I think it came from here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10642346/weight-loss-frequently-asked-questions-infographic-answers/p1
  • MamaMbbwait
    MamaMbbwait Posts: 3 Member
    Hey so for my meal plans I am doing 250-300 cals for breakfast lunch and dinner and 3 different snacks 100 cals each so I'm basically eating all day and it's great
  • allycs85
    allycs85 Posts: 40 Member
    I'm on 1200 and not hungry at all. Bulk out your meals with loads of vegetables or salads have low cal snacks between meals try to include a low carb protein shake too. I'm quite a bit smaller than you are and I'm still furloughed so not as active as usual so 1200 is right for me I've checked on various calorie calculator apps it seems too low for someone of your height and activity level though. You couldn't maintain last time because you're not doing it in a sustainable way. Why make the same mistake twice when you could just do it properly and keep the weight off and not be hungry and miserable! "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting different results" - Einstein
  • KimiAR
    KimiAR Posts: 117 Member
    Fat and protein w lots of fiber. It’s hard to hit the recommended fiber goal for most people. But I have found that this keeps me from being starving.