5'11" and 180 lbs -- what size is that?

Options
That's motivation for me :D I currently wear a size 22/24 in most things, and even though One Stop Plus has vanity-sized its clothes (so that's a 1x instead of the 2-3x it probably should be), I know I've got a ways to go. So if you're 5'11 and weigh around 180 lbs, with a large frame (I went with the highest "normal" BMI because I do have a large frame -- my wrist is 7" and it's not fat), what size clothing do you wear? I assume I'll be able to shop in regular stores, not plus-size; just wondering, ballpark, what size I might eventually be.

Replies

• MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and when I'm at 180 I'm a size 6. 190 an 8/9.
  • andriah613
    andriah613 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just from personal experience, and it seems like we have the same body type, I would say at 180 lbs its probably a 12. I am currently 215 at 5'11'' and I wear a 16. Hope this helps.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    It really depends how you carry your weight.
  • allycaturban
    Options
    SIZE 11
  • AbbysMonkeyMama
    Options
    I'm 5'11'' and when I was 180lbs I wore 16 or 18 pants, 14 or 16 top, depending on the brand. I had a smaller upper half, and a curvy butt and not-skinny thighs.
  • minni2906
    Options
    When I was 180 I was in an 11/13
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and I wear size 14 comfortably and I can brag that I fit in a size 12 LOL I would say you would be around a 14 at 180 just because you are taller than me if not a 12 or if you are bigger frame maybe 16. All I know is you should be happy if you are loosing and not worry about size. Start measuring so you can see the change!
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Your height and weight are not numbers that can ever be acurately used to gues a clothing ize. Clothing sizes pay NO attention to the cale whatsoever! You need actual waist/hips/bust measurements. Two people of exactly the same height and weight can be in VERY DIFFERENT sizes.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/

On that site you can input your info for your body type.

I'm 5'7" and an hourglass and my size 12 jeans are getting loose on me now at 168lbs.
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It's very individual, but I'm 5'11" and at 181 lbs currently, and I'm a size 10-12 depending on the brand/fit.
  • patriot201
    patriot201 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    There's no way to tell right now. Sorry. :)

I am 5'8" and weigh 127 pounds. I am a size 4-6. When I was 5'9" (yes, I have shrunk!) and 120 pounds, I was still a size 4-6.
    My friend is 5'4" and 135 pounds and she is a size 2.
    Another friend is 5'10" and 145 pounds and is a size 4.
    Another friend is 5'3" and 115 pounds and is a size 6.
    My sister is 5'11" and 140 pounds and is a size 8.
    My cousin is 5'7" and 140 pounds and is a size 10.

There's no way to predict what size you'll be. Sorry!
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Wow, everyone is different I see!
  • jan_andrea
    jan_andrea Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ballpark was pretty much what I was going for -- happy just to see no one's giving plus sizes :D I am really looking forward to being able to shop in the whole store, not just one corner (if anything) and going to thrift stores and finding nice clothes! At this size, it's all hideous prints and mumus :)
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Well ball park number...I'm 5'10 and at 171lbs I was a UK size 10 and 10-12 while a friends of mine at the same height and weight was 12-14 UK 12 being the average clothes size in the UK with 14 being the most common I believe.
  • fatkidlovescake
    fatkidlovescake Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    At 180lbs I was wearing a uk size 12 although I think I carry a lot of muscle as now at 163 my measurements are 37.5(29.5 under bust) - 26.8 - 37.

I would say my frame is medium - large my wrist is 6.2in and bony, and my ankle is 9.2in and bony.