Note to Self...

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    NTS- do not buy allllll the plants, keep it reasonable!

No fun

But money and budget and blah blah blah

Quit being so realistic.

Seriously though, this lockdown got me addicted to plants. I never thought that was possible. Cats? Sure. Cookies? Definitely. But plants really surprised me.

I've been a gardener for a while now. I get some serious spring fever and love plant shopping. We are doing some serious overhaul to a few flower beds this year, so I'm allowed to go a little crazy!!!
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    NTS- do not buy allllll the plants, keep it reasonable!

No fun

But money and budget and blah blah blah

Quit being so realistic.

Seriously though, this lockdown got me addicted to plants. I never thought that was possible. Cats? Sure. Cookies? Definitely. But plants really surprised me.

I've been a gardener for a while now. I get some serious spring fever and love plant shopping. We are doing some serious overhaul to a few flower beds this year, so I'm allowed to go a little crazy!!!

I have mostly only done veggies for years but for some reason i just really need things to be pretty right now. If you ever post garden pics, I'd be interested
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Someone moved into my yellow rose this year
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Ugh, stupid Android and pics still isn't great huh....
  • TwitchyMacGee

c3u46czbetmq.jpeg
  • 4legsRbetterthan2

c3u46czbetmq.jpeg

Niceeee, I need to keep an eye on this and see when the babies come. I've been seeing a Robin hanging around alot so I'm guessing it's her nest
  • TwitchyMacGee

c3u46czbetmq.jpeg

Niceeee, I need to keep an eye on this and see when the babies come. I've been seeing a Robin hanging around alot so I'm guessing it's her nest
    Yes, they look like robin eggs. Probably a pair will look after the nest. 💕
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    This is my current project, got dug up over the winter when out heater went out and hubs decided to put in geothermal. They didn't get my rose, but almost everything else :(
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Is that... espalier?
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Is that... espalier?

I guess kind of, it's a clematis that hasn't bloomed yet, so they are climbers and don't require much training to do this. My husband just put up this wire trellis this year. I'm trying to propagate this guy this year, and hopefully we can get multiple plants in along the base so it fills up all the whole wall each year.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Is that... espalier?

I guess kind of, it's a clematis that hasn't bloomed yet, so they are climbers and don't require much training to do this. My husband just put up this wire trellis this year. I'm trying to propagate this guy this year, and hopefully we can get multiple plants in along the base so it fills up all the whole wall each year.

I like it a lot. I planted some clematis roots but i have no faith.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Is that... espalier?

I like it a lot. I planted some clematis roots but i have no faith.

hopefully it pans out for you. This is the only clematis I have ever had, it seems to be super hardy. it came with the house, and we have been ignoring it for 5 years and it only had a teeny tiny little ladder thing to climb. That wall its on is full sun most of the day, so its hot as crap over there, and it barely gets water because of the roof overhang, and yet it keeps chuggin along.
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Note to self stay positive until it’s time to kick *kitten* and then stay positively strong.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Note to self stay positive until it’s time to kick *kitten* and then stay positively strong.

This is an inspirational note!
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member

This is an inspirational note!

No mommabear is gonna crawl and wither away lol thanks. 🌻
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Note to self:

Avoid the chili from Wendy's when their nightshift crew comes in. This is your first and final warning.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    Note to self:

Avoid the chili from Wendy's when their nightshift crew comes in. This is your first and final warning.

You have been warned