70 pounds gotta go

Options
I've been on the MFP app for a while. In 2017 I had a big career change, getting out of the military. I was already struggling with weight and having two little boys and less time for gym and exercise. It hasn't gotten any better and I'm at an all time high in my 265+ pounds. I haven't got 270 and I'm trying dang hard not to.

Back in the day I had a few "friends" and "followers" that I remember we would all encourage each other regularly and that was nice. I'm over 40 and the 3rd youngest employee in my department, so fitness isn't exactly the common bond anymore like the old days of morning PT with the squad.

I'm quite overwhelmed with 70 pounds targeted. Seems so far. I get that it's one day / pound / ounces at a time and this is a long term goal, sonim settling in here, hoping to find that extra mojo and make this a habit.

Replies

• innaa1789
    innaa1789 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Start with a 10lb goal.. that’s what I did. It feels so good to get closer and closer to that (mini) goal. And then once you reach it, set another 10lbs. It’s a lot less daunting, and also I find it empowering. You can do this!
  • welshgirl45
    welshgirl45 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome back.....im sure you will do well. Little steps at a time ;)
  • CarrieKavanaugh
    CarrieKavanaugh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had 70 pounds to go too! Have no excuses for how it got that bad. But I’m on the right track! Walking 10,000 steps a day and eating 1,000 calories a day. Good calories. Lots of fruit and protein and lots of Lean Cuisines for dinner! I started at 200 back in February. I’m down to 166. My goal is 137. You’ll get there! Stay steady!
  • AFTERMATH77
    AFTERMATH77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had 70 pounds to go too! I started at 200 back in February. I’m down to 166. My goal is 137. You’ll get there! Stay steady!

Awesome progress. Keep at it 😁

• AFTERMATH77
    AFTERMATH77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    innaa1789 wrote: »
    Start with a 10lb goal.. that’s what I did. It feels so good to get closer and closer to that (mini) goal. And then once you reach it, set another 10lbs. It’s a lot less daunting, and also I find it empowering. You can do this!

Yea. I started in March and stopped with the COVID stuff.Then I lost some pounds into 250s. As soon as I started cycling and running two weeks ago it immediately bounced back into mud 260s. Frustrated as heck. But I haven't been utilizing the food calculation. Going to get better about tracking intake and see what's up.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I had 70 pounds to go too! Have no excuses for how it got that bad. But I’m on the right track! Walking 10,000 steps a day and eating 1,000 calories a day. Good calories. Lots of fruit and protein and lots of Lean Cuisines for dinner! I started at 200 back in February. I’m down to 166. My goal is 137. You’ll get there! Stay steady!

Eating 1000 calories a day is unhealthy, so you aren't on the right track. The minimum a sedentary female should be eating is 1200, and you should be eating back your exercise calories.