Why am I not losing weight?

Hi! This is my first post so please bear with me. I have been dieting for two months now and until a couple of weeks ago I've been losing a pound a week. I have been happy with that although I did want to lose 2 pounds. About a week or two ago I hit a plateau do I started exercising. I now do a 30min video, a 5k walk and 15min of bodyweight training. But I haven't lost anything? I've been eating 1200 calories and I've been doing this workout for 10 days with only one rest day. But I'm not losing anything. I have no idea why. I know scales don't tell the full story but it's really frustrating. Is it possible I'm working out too much? Any advice please?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Can you give use more information?
    What's your current weight, size and approximate age, goal weight? I assume you're a woman?
    Are you using a foodscale to weigh all your food and do you check database entries?
    And finally, when did you start the new workouts?
  • aishazia4631
    aishazia4631 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! This is my first post so please bear with me. I have been dieting for two months now and until a couple of weeks ago I've been losing a pound a week. I have been happy with that although I did want to lose 2 pounds. About a week or two ago I hit a plateau do I started exercising. I now do a 30min video, a 5k walk and 15min of bodyweight training. But I haven't lost anything? I've been eating 1200 calories and I've been doing this workout for 10 days with only one rest day. But I'm not losing anything. I have no idea why. I know scales don't tell the full story but it's really frustrating. Is it possible I'm working out too much? Any advice please?

I am 5'4 and weigh 124 pounds. I started at 133 pounds. I'm 18 and female and I've been doing this workout for 10 days
  • VioletaTal
    VioletaTal Posts: 2 Member
    I am in the same boat, but I am not as active as you. Around 1100 calories a day for the last 10 weeks and only 4 lbs lost. Some days I want to give up, blame the app, blame the scale at Publix..
  • KateB989
    KateB989 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi, I am in the same boat! I am 126lb and 5ft 2 and I defo have some belly fat to lose! Yet I just can’t shift it! I was eating 1200 healthy calories a day and working out every single day with no rest days and this is a mixture of an hours cardio, half hour hiit with weights and a brisk walk in the afternoon and I only lost 3lbs in 4 weeks! I tried to do intermittent fasting and scaled down my calories to between 800-1000 just to try and boost my metabolism and lose some more however, I haven’t lost anything in the last 2 weeks which is frustrating! Not even inches! (I’m on week 6 of exercising now) HELP 😩
  • JadeAmberD
    JadeAmberD Posts: 9 Member
    consider you may be under eating. If I eat 1200 or under BEFORE exercise I usually can't lose. eating only 1200 AND doing that much physical work? Setting yourself up for failure