Painful bumps from thighs rubbing together.

Options
Hi y'all. I'm a big ol' boy, but I still log in excess of 13k steps a day in an effort to not be so big. Along the way, I have found multiple large, painful bumps on my inner thighs (and one someplace else that won't be mentioned) from my tree trunk legs rubbing together. How does a hefty fella like me keep those from happening and ameliorate the pain when they arise? Baby powder has been suggested to me in the past, but the recent headlines about talc give me pause.

Replies

• kiwiroz
    kiwiroz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Chamois Cream? Like cyclist use - I assume you can use it in other areas :#
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Body glide works wonders for me 😄
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I have no idea but I remember those from my childhood; my parents told me they were boils? IDK. But HURT yikes!!!!
    I'd ask a doctor. All I remember is using hot cloths on them. That and aspirin were answers for everything when I was a kid. :)
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Get an anti-chafe stick (you can buy them for cyclists but sometimes the ones you use on your feet are cheaper - and can be used everywhere!). In the UK compeed make a good one: hubby is a runner and they all use them on their nipples and uh, other areas, on long runs 😀
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    If you are not embarrassed about shopping the feminine products aisle, there is a great product called Monistat Anti Chafing gel. It is incredible and I have had no chafing since starting to use it.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I use stick antiperspirant/ deodorant. It works like the anti chafe sticks but is way cheaper and I already own it.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I also wear ”bike shorts”, they’re basically just leggins/underwear that’s made into shorts length. I’m female so I find mine in stores, but I don’t know if there are similar products for men or if the women’s version would fit you correctly.

If you can’t find any, maybe see if you could find underwear that has longer legs. If you have access to a sewing machine, you could also get a pair of long johns and crop them to desired length.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
  • tanishadw
    tanishadw Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I used to use alot of talc and stick a massive plaster over the affected area (but that only works if it's not the whole inner thigh)
  • emmabrookes1
    emmabrookes1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Nappy rash cream on the affected areas at night (eg Bepanthen, also great for healing tattoos)
    Keep an eye in case it looks fungal, the dreaded 'jock itch'
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Well for one, you don't have ovaries (I assume) and won't pube putting talc on your "ahem" since you are a guy, so don't stress about the headlines - and as others have said, most don't actually contain talc anymore, and even talc isn't likely to cause a major issue unless it's inserted in your orifice for Decades.

Good luck!
  • JK1542020
    JK1542020 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Trial and error. Get a variety of things to try as not everything will work for you. Trust me this has plagued me.my whole life. Many people recommend things like body glide - basically a balm stick you apply like a lubricant, there are various brands. For me this was horrendous, it made me.feel gross and sticky and sweaty yuk.

I prefer talc but like you I wasnt keen on actual talc. The best I've found is femfresh brand talc if you are UK it's in the feminine hygiene aisle - its corn starch based non toxic. Or Google it and I'm sure you'll find a natural safe talc you can use. But this was by far the best thing for me. I take it with me in my.bag and if I need to re apply.

I also wear a thin pair of cycling shorts under dresses - you could maybe do that too under trousers? It's not ideal if it's really hot weather but it's another good option.

To heal the bumps and sores you've got you wanna take a shower, dry thoroughly, sit cross legged to give it some air and give it 48 hours and itll be gone.
  • JK1542020
    JK1542020 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Oh an by the way it's not just fat people who get this. Not everyone gets a thigh gap when they're thin. I get this even at a healthy BMI!
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Nappy rash cream - Sudocrem is wonder stuff for helping it heal.

Then the right close fitting shorts/ underwear to prevent it happening again.
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Well for one, you don't have ovaries (I assume) and won't pube putting talc on your "ahem" since you are a guy, so don't stress about the headlines - and as others have said, most don't actually contain talc anymore, and even talc isn't likely to cause a major issue unless it's inserted in your orifice for Decades.

Good luck!

This isn't just a woman's reproductive issue. it can and is known to cause many other issues ie, lung, respiratory and a host of other things etc. as it contained asbestos, this shouldn't be too much of an issue as only this week J&J removed their powder from .heir shelves. and check the ingredients of other brands esp china, etc..
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Hubby uses Vaseline he’s a naturally brick wall sized big guy even at low weight or high . He also changes clothes often uses non-perfumed detergent y soaps for sensitive skins. Shorts y A/C indoors new outfit on to leave the house shower when you get home in hot months.
  • dawnkirkwood18
    dawnkirkwood18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I second the body glide or other antichafing items for prevention. If you get any bumps there is a product called boil ease that is part numbing agent and drawing salve that always helped me.
  • Buttermello
    Buttermello Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just use deodorant on the area. Works great!