flabby arms struggle

Options
I started my weight loss journey late February of this year and I managed to lose 21 lbs and reach my goal weight of 120 lbs. However, I still have some fat on my underarms and it has been frustrating because I've been doing cardio and strength training 6x a week and I have seen little to no changes to my arms. I started doing weight training last month specifically targeting my arms and I've also been contemplating losing an extra 5-10 lbs. Any tips or advice to resolve this issue?
for anyone that cares, I'm 5'1" :smile:

Replies

• mandymayela96
    mandymayela96 Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thanks so much for the insights! Will definitely keep going with my strength training and cardio (grown to love working out so much) ! I’ll just need to remember that under arm fat is normal and being patient with my body adjustments. It will take time, but I’m willing to wait for the results I want.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    (snip)

Many months ago someone ( @AnnPT77 ?) posted an interesting comment that made me stop worrying about it.

(snip)

One less uncontrollable thing in life to worry about. 😊

@springlering62, you have no idea how much it means to me that you found this valuable, and took the time to say so. :flowerforyou:

I don't think I ever told you, but your post also changed the way I thought about my arms. It's a great post!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,542 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    (snip)

Many months ago someone ( @AnnPT77 ?) posted an interesting comment that made me stop worrying about it.

(snip)

One less uncontrollable thing in life to worry about. 😊

@springlering62, you have no idea how much it means to me that you found this valuable, and took the time to say so. :flowerforyou:

I don't think I ever told you, but your post also changed the way I thought about my arms. It's a great post!

Wow, thanks! ❤️

For a couple of years, I took a group weightlifting class for women taught by a guy who was a (small-stature, lower weight class, really strong, modest) competitive powerlifter, who really liked teaching women (I think because we didn't feel a need to posture like we already knew all about it, and because the effects were so profound for those for whom it was novel - he liked changing lives). Super nice, sweet guy!

Anyway, he's the one who showed me (us) that. A light went on for me, too.

Loving our bodies for what they can learn and do is potentially really, really transformational, IMO (instead of falling for the cultural pressure to hate on them, and give parts ugly names like "bingo wings", to fuss about how they don't look) .

Again, thanks, to both of you. I'm touched, sincerely. ❤️
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,691 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    When @AnnPT77 speaks, I listen. 😘

I figured out early on that you are one of the doyennes of MFP. @cmriverside and quicksilver are others who come to mind. There’s others, and I feel fortunate to have been educated by all y’all. It’s very kind of others on MFP to share their time and their wisdom, and there’s really no way to express thanks.

So.....THANK YOU to all you regular posters of good, knowledgeable, non-woo content.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,542 Member
    Options
    When @AnnPT77 speaks, I listen. 😘

I figured out early on that you are one of the doyennes of MFP. @cmriverside and quicksilver are others who come to mind. There’s others, and I feel fortunate to have been educated by all y’all. It’s very kind of others on MFP to share their time and their wisdom, and there’s really no way to express thanks.

So.....THANK YOU to all you regular posters of good, knowledgeable, non-woo content.

That'd be @quiksylver296, I'll bet . . . just sayin' ;).