Sweaty after the gym

Options
I have a question for all of you women out there!!! So my hairdresser tells me not to wash my hair everyday because it is bad for it, and the natural oils are washed away...what do you do when you go to the gym everyday, and your hair is soaked with sweat when you leave? What do ya'll do? Cause sweat not washed smells right?

Replies

• Jycooper
    Options
    cowash
  • nfrank43
    nfrank43 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just let it dry, I don't wash or shampoo it. I wash my body but not my hair.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair everyday, gym or not. There's nothing wrong with my hair...

I think if you are sweaty and smelly, just take a shower. You'll feel and smell better.
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I just wash it, haha...
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, I can answer this question since I used to have a really long beard :D Use shampoo that doesn't have harsh chemicals in it. The fewer chemicals the better.
  • AlwaysSarah87
    Options
    I wash my hair after the gym. On off days I don't wash it, which is only 1 or 2 times a week.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i would wash it. i hate sweaty oily hair, and that is how mine gets if i don't wash it everyday. but im not sure when they talk about not washing it if they mean washing it with shampoo or just getting it wet. could you just rinse it out with water?
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I just let mine dry. Or you can use the dry shampoo.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair everyday. The only exception is if happen to stay home for the day. Then it doesn't matter.
  • Saksgirl1
    Options
    My stylist tells me the same thing and then gave me this advice....

Wet your hair with SUPER hot water... let it run through your hair for a few minutes... condition just the ends.

And style :)
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Rinse your hair with water. I wash my hair 2-3x a week and don't have smelly hair :smile: You can also use a dry shampoo to help absorb the oil....
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    My hairdresser said the same thing then I told him how much I go to the gym and he was like you are going to find it hard and gross!!!

You should still not wash it every day but after the gym you don't have much of a choice! on the days you don't go to the gym try not to wash it!

I have to wash mine, its so thin and shorter that it just looks gross!

When you wash your hair though try to use luke warm water. My hairdresser(s) have told me the colder the water the less damage it does to your skull!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I was washing my hair after every workout and it dried out really bad, my hairdresser said to keep it to every other day, which I do now. It doesn't smell, it just doesn't look to great lol!! But hey, i'd rather it looks not so great every other day than like straw every day!
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds weird, but I haven't shampoo'd my hair in over 3 yrs. So, after the gym, I hop in the shower and do a scalp massage under running water.
  • macylane4
    Options
    I always washed my hair everyday no...couldn't function without, but since I'm a platinum blonde (not natural) if I wash my hair everyday it breaks off ...ugh! I rinse it for sure and put conditioner in, but still the next day it isn't nice and fluffy and clean you know!! I guess I'm going to have to go to washing it everyday...nice hair or nice body...I'll take the nice body!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    My hairdresser and I actually work out at the same gym togehter. He sees how much I sweat and says its okay to wash hair every day I work out with a non-harsh shampoo but try and not to wash on off days. It also helps that I wash my hair at night and let it air dry so it doesn't get hit with excessive heat too much.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair every day. What you really want to avoid is conditioning it every day. I alternate between two different shampoos. I have a sulfate free shampoo, and then my regular shampoo. My hair has never caused me any trouble before, and I've been washing it every day since high school!!
  • macylane4
    Options
    I know this sounds weird, but I haven't shampoo'd my hair in over 3 yrs. So, after the gym, I hop in the shower and do a scalp massage under running water.

How do you know shampoo your hair anymore???
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Doesn't sound weird to me, I haven't shampoo'ed in months! I wash once or twice a week with baking soda and use vinegar once a week to condition it.

After my workouts I rinse under hot water and massage my scalp. Works just fine. My hair is not stinky or oily in any bit.