I remember when........

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I remember when people would chat on irc or ICQ or even BBS chat rooms.
    There were only a handful of people in my city of 100k who had access to the internet it seemed. So funny!
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,115 Member
    Options
    I remember when phones (before cell phones) were party lines
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    Options
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    people think I remember stone tablets....lol

I remember when a "selfie" was not something you could talk about in public...lol

Selfies are still something I’d find embarrassing to mention in public. As well as taking pictures of my food. People around me would tease me endlessly for that stuff. 😂
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

I remember when a "selfie" was not something you could talk about in public...lol

Selfies are still something I’d find embarrassing to mention in public. As well as taking pictures of my food. People around me would tease me endlessly for that stuff. 😂

My friends shocked me a couple of years ago saying their social media selfies were chosen from literally hundreds of selfies they took of themselves. I fully admit to sharing selfies occasionally but I take 1-2, MAXIMUM of 3 pics and then choose the "best" of 2-3 I guess? Not dozens or more... It seriously blew my MIND thinking of these average thirty and forty-something women sitting there taking 100 photos of themselves. I can't imagine it.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,843 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

My friends shocked me a couple of years ago saying their social media selfies were chosen from literally hundreds of selfies they took of themselves. I fully admit to sharing selfies occasionally but I take 1-2, MAXIMUM of 3 pics and then choose the "best" of 2-3 I guess? Not dozens or more... It seriously blew my MIND thinking of these average thirty and forty-something women sitting there taking 100 photos of themselves. I can't imagine it.

That’s hilarious. I can see a couple different ones, but why a hundred? Can people really look that different in the hundred selfies? It seems too time consuming to me. Now every time I see a selfie, I’m gonna wonder how many takes it took. 😂
  • renydo2
    renydo2 Posts: 2,152 Member
    Options
    i remember when you had to actually get up and go to the tv and turn the knob to change the channel - but i didn't mind - at least we had a tv!!
  • gcibsthom
    Options
    - Gas was 19 cents a gallon
    - spanking a misbehaving child with a belt was considered good parenting
    - drinking out of a garden hose was perfectly acceptable
    - doctors made house calls
    - not every family had a TV
    - Most houses (the ones that I saw or lived in anyway) only had one bathroom
    - Alaska and Hawaii were US territories
    (I must be getting old...lol)
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    When antenna TV was the norm, and computers used dial up.

Hows that?
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    When 8:00am was 8:00am
  • GrumpySparkles
    GrumpySparkles Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Power car windows was not a thing. You had to raise or lower them with a hand crank.
  • gcibsthom
    Options
    Not every household had a TV
    Home phones were party lines
    cars did not have seatbelts
  • DaisheaBoo
    DaisheaBoo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I could literally be outside ALL day long... Now to think of it what was I eating and drinking all day!! I was such a Tomboy <3
  • renydo2
    renydo2 Posts: 2,152 Member
    Options
    I could go to a restaurant and actually eat inside
  • Kindhearts30
    Kindhearts30 Posts: 1,730 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I remember those days when you could actually workout in gyms =(
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    I remember when you only saw face masks at the Hospital and on the Chinese people on TV! 😷
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,241 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    ... a big-screen TV was a 25 inch diagonal measure in a 4:3 format, and we thought 480p analog was awesome.
  • gcibsthom
    Options
    ...not every family had a TV...or phone...
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,362 Member
    Options
    Ceasar wanted to date Cleopatra and invaded a whole nation just to impress her
  • SkoolGirl87
    SkoolGirl87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I remember when Borrowed meant intention to Return .
  • Kindhearts30
    Kindhearts30 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I remember when i could go and visit someone in the hospital =(