Hello all you beautiful people!

Options
Hey y'all!

I'm new here. Thought I'd say hey :) This site seems like an awesome resource - the fact that it's free is brilliant! :D

I've come here to practically help me lose half of my body weight - it's a tall order, but the more I delay it, the worse I'll be for it.

I was just wondering if anyone out there had any tips in terms of getting started! It seems like many of you are seasoned veterans at the whole weight loss game (good on you!) and I'd love to hear how you've found this site helpful.

Take care and good luck to all of you! x

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I also have an awesome support group if you're interested.

I've been here for a little over a month, and already lost 7lbs! This site calculates the calories you need to take in and you can adjust all your macronutrients to fit your needs. There's almost nothing this site can't do!
  • Congratz! To lose that much in under a month is a big achievement :)

I'll definitely take you up on the add, thanks! :D

Well, I just hope I actually end up using and I don't end up just forgetting about the account, which I have done on previous occasions! But I suppose you only have to apply yourself once for the effort to finally pay off...

Keep to it and I look forward to hearing about your progress!
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Tips:
    1. LOG everything
    2. Make daily exercise of some form a priority
    3. Be honest with yourself when logging (utilize the database)
    4. Make friends - they are great support
    5. READ READ READ the Success Stories on the Community Tab - they are great motivation!
    6. Pray for strength everyday
    7. Be patient
    8. Rinse and Repeat

Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    If you have anything in the house you can't control yourself eating and will binge on...throw it out.
  • Thanks :) It's something I've heard before but never had the heart to do - but I think now's an appropriate time to do it
    .... goodbye store-bought hummus :'(
  • TrishMahon
    Options
    Eight years ago I was smoking over a pack a day. When I decided I wanted to quit, I just decided to simply stop buying them. I agree with whoever said, get the temptations away from you. You will want to binge. I long took away the sweets and potato chips (which is what I crave) and the chocolate. Now I have decided to go to the gym. I am lucky that I have a gym that it open 24/7. I bring my Ipod and am trying not to go out to lunch as much as I used too. That will be my biggest hurdle. I love going out to lunch and dinner.

Good luck and add me as a friend!
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    hey ive been on this site for 3 months, and it is amazing. My advice would be to track everything that enters your mouth. Drink at least 8 glasses of water. Dont drink pop,, or if you have to, drink diet. Eat more fruits and veggies at every meal. Exercise. As often as you can, even if its just 20 minutes. It makes you feel amazing. Feel free to add me! Good luck, you can do it.