June 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo Yay for no blockages! So glad your dad is able to come home!

@Tramboman I missed your post earlier. My toes are all weird too.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Excellent news @quilteryoyo
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Great news, @quilteryoyo!

I have been SO TIRED for the last two days. The end of the work day is so rough, and I just want to fall asleep. I almost fell asleep while hubby was cooking dinner last night. I don’t know what is going on with me. I am sleeping 7-8 hours per night, which is normal for me. Anyway, too exhausted to run last night, but hubby and I did take an after dinner walk. I woke up exhausted again this morning. 😕

5.07/100 miles
    5.07/297 miles Run Across Ga (6/1 - 8/31)
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Quick update on my dad. The stress test didn't show any blockages, so he got to come home this afternoon! Yeah! They just changed up some of his medications. Hope that helps his symptoms. He seemed to be doing better on the way home.

Yay!
  • Lexigraph
    Lexigraph Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Good for you for getting out there anyways!

I was up early this morning to give a friend a ride to work, so really just wanted to go back to bed instead of run. But I managed to get myself out there, and it was nice to go earlier than usual. Less sun, heat, and people, and more birds to watch!

exercise.png[img][/img]
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Congrats @pfprimo !
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    pfprimo wrote: »
    Everybody don't forget - tomorrow is Global Running Day! Great day to get some miles in. There are many organizations sponsoring special events and/or virtual races to help you share your love (or love-hate) of running.

I did! Hmm. Will have to think of something special like DODGE THE LIGHTNING RUN or something given the weather predictions.

ditto
    and i have to decide is better to run in the area with protesters or better to run in an area with potential looters.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    great news @quilteryoyo

good job @pfprimo

i have really long toes, high arches, and currently dealing with a thick toenail likely due to eczema, circulation, and trauma @Tramboman
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    06/01/2020: 4.15 miles
    06/03/2020: 4.17 miles

June Total: 8.32/60 Miles

Today was a little stronger and faster than Monday’s run. Same route but hit an average 11’12” min pace to beat my 11’50” min pace on Monday. My neighborhood is pretty hilly and there’s one massive one in the middle of my route that slows me down quite a bit. I’m working on getting stronger getting up it though (currently have to walk pretty much the whole thing though).
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,005 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Looks like a fantastic staycation!

@Tramboman You always make me laugh. Thanks for your sense of humor.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @bearly63 I think that a well-earned rest day is a great way to celebrate National Running Day.