Diet help?!?!

Options
Hi

I would appreciate some people who could give me some advice on my diet. My diary is open for you to view. Please feel free to make comments/ suggestions and add me as a friend.

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I would start with eating.
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'd have to agree with this. You're eating nowhere near enough. Also, I don't know how tall you are but 85lbs is a REALLY low goal weight unless you're absolutely tiny.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

And a therapist who specializes in overcoming eating disorders.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Unless you are very short, your goal weight is unrealistic and unobtainable. Why is your daily calorie goal zero?
  • trailrider1963
    Options
    Based on what I see in your diary, you are anorexic. Please find a therapist who can help you because you are starving yourself to death.
  • BrokenWings
    Options
    Bump for polite advice. And I would prefer more elaborate answers to be honest.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Seriously, no-one is being rude. You are already at a healthy weight for your height, and your goal weight is extremely worrying.

What are you trying to achieve?
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options

I agree with everyone...no one is trying to be rude, but there is no way of being anymore elaborate than to tell exactly what to eat to have you eat more calories.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    5' 5" is only 1" shorter than i am and weighing anything less than 120 would be considered WAY underweight and a dangerously low BMI. i agree with the previous posts, not sure what you're trying to attain, but i find your starting weight to be my goal weight and i'm unsure why you would want to weigh 85 lbs. my son weighed that much at age 10.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    1. Rethink your goal weight. 85 lbs is much too low for someone your height.
    2. If your goal is health, you need to eat more. A lot more.
    3. If you can't see how it is unhealthy to be at your height and age at 85 lbs, or can't see that you should be eating more, you need to see a doctor and a therapist.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

No one is going to tell you what you want to hear. We're telling you what you need to hear. I come from an ED background, I know what it's like. I'm not being rude, I'm simply saying, you need to eat more, you need to see a therapist, and you should do some reading on EDs so you can better understand what it is you are doing to your body.
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    Based on what I see in your diary, you are anorexic. Please find a therapist who can help you because you are starving yourself to death.

This was extremely uncalled for.

Not the original poster, but this was extremely rude and unhelpful.
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    Add more to your meals, plain and simple.

Grilled chicken breast, steamed veggies, add in healthier fats like cheese. Try eating raw veggies with hummus, or fruits with some peanut butter. You need to add calories somehow, and from what your diary looks like you are very, very critical of what you're eating and are attempting to greatly limiting yourself, and denying your body what it needs.

Add some egg whites to your breakfast, or a hard boiled eggs, almonds as a snack, make elaborate salads with shrimp or lunch meats. Granola and greek yogurt with fruit.
  • gandydancer
    gandydancer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wow, I have to agree with everyone else, as much as we all want to be thin and yes sometimes we daydream about what it would be like to have someone tell us we are too thin, it isn't healthy...I am 5 ft 5" and I weigh 145lbs and look perfectly fine, yes I would like to lose 5 lbs but wouldn't feel much more than that would be un healthy....We are all in this together but maybe something else is going on, not to say there is but just sayin.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Like others have already said your goal weight and even your current weight are unhealthy for a 5' 5" female. I read your intro and you say you want to toned so that you look good in a leotard because you are a dancer. In order to have that toned look you are after you probably need to gain muscle mass and the only way to do that will be to increase your calorie intake and do strength training. You will also gain weight on the scale but in the end you will look toned and have the muscle that you need to dance. At the rate you are going you are not only burning any fat that you have but you are losing muscle. Muscle is what gives us the toned look, being skinny and losing weight only makes us look skinny.

There are some good posts out there for women who are looking to lift/strength train, I don't have any in my topics but I'm hoping someone does and will give you the links so you can get some information on not only eating healthy but strength training so that you will be able to be the dancer you want to be.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Add more to your meals, plain and simple.

Grilled chicken breast, steamed veggies, add in healthier fats like cheese. Try eating raw veggies with hummus, or fruits with some peanut butter. You need to add calories somehow, and from what your diary looks like you are very, very critical of what you're eating and are attempting to greatly limiting yourself, and denying your body what it needs.

Add some egg whites to your breakfast, or a hard boiled eggs, almonds as a snack, make elaborate salads with shrimp or lunch meats. Granola and greek yogurt with fruit.

These are really good helpful ideas!
  • cba4994
    cba4994 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Looking at your profile, it appears that dancing is something that means a lot to you. You have to give your body nutrients to dance your best and speaking as a health care provider, you are in great danger of osteoporosis in later life by not eating enough. Please listen to the advice of people who reach out to you with concern.