Exercise calories

Options
I just want to know how to get rid of the calories in the exercise calories section as I don't want eat them but I am having recalculate my daily calories so I don't use the exercise calories and I don't want to keep doing that, is there's way I can stop my exercise calories being shown

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Mfp is designed for you to eat back your exercise calories. You can't remove them, but you could just not log your exercise if you're not going to eat back the calories.
  • Lisalove30
    Lisalove30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Harper16 I don't log them, I have got Garmin and as it syncs I'm thinking it just automatically does it now, could that be the issue?
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Lisalove30 wrote: »
    Harper16 I don't log them, I have got Garmin and as it syncs I'm thinking it just automatically does it now, could that be the issue?

Sounds like it.

Why don't you eat back those calories?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Why would you sync your Garmin here if you don't want your calories added? That's all the sync is for.
  • Lisalove30
    Options
    Because northcascades I didn't know how it works that's why I asked
  • Lisalove30
    Options
    Harper16 I tried the app last year and as I was eating my normal daily cals plus my exercise ones I wasn't losing weight
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Because northcascades I didn't know how it works that's why I asked

I'm not trying to make fun of you. This question gets asked a lot. Many of us have been here for years, after you lose a bunch of weight then you need to keep it off and people find this is a useful tool to do that. From the perspective of somebody who's been around the MFP block it's kind of a head scratcher. The pairing between Garmin (or Fitbit or whatever) works to automatically import your calories over here. I don't know how you use your Garmin but if it's for timed activities you know the Connect app is so much better at that than the MFP log. If you don't want the calories coming over, delete the pairing and you're all set.

It really is a good idea to eat at least some of them back for several reasons. But it sounds like your mind is made up so I won't push.
  • missyelainious
    missyelainious Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    There's a setting under settings-> profile -> goals -> exercise calories that you can switch to "off" so it shows your exercise but does not add it to your daily allowance. This is what I do and try to eat back just about half of my exercise calories.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options

The sole reason for having a synced device is to reconcile your activity level in MFP to your actual activity level per your device to properly fuel your body and avoid under eating for your activity.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    There's a setting under settings-> profile -> goals -> exercise calories that you can switch to "off" so it shows your exercise but does not add it to your daily allowance. This is what I do and try to eat back just about half of my exercise calories.

This is a premium-only feature.