Today is the day!!!

Options
Today is the day!! For the third and FINAL time , I’m going to start my weight loss journey.
I’ve lost almost 100 lbs TWICE!! Only to gain it back both times.

I’m so very tired of feeling the way I feel. Struggling everyday to do simple things.

Today I weighed in at 259 lbs. 🤦🏻‍♀️😭 I really just can’t believe I’ve aloud myself to get back to that. My highest weight ever was 260 lbs. That’s when I began my journey the first time in 2009. Lost 92 lbs. only to get back up to 254 in 2012. Then I went back and forth until May of 2014 when I decided to change for the second time. I weighed 238 lbs. Lost down to 161 lbs. My lowest weight since high school. I kept my weight in the 160s for awhile. Then in 2016 I went to work. We moved houses and a hundred things have happened. Here I am now. It’s 2020!! I’m 3 months away from my 40th birthday and I’m more miserable than I have ever been.
I need help! I need encouragement!! Most of all I just need to believe in myself. I need to believe I can make the changes I need to to get the weight off and keep it off for good....

Replies

• MamaBear517
    MamaBear517 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh I SO relate. Just sent you a message.
  • jenniferreyna259
    jenniferreyna259 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I tried to find your message but I don’t see where I have one. 🤦🏻‍♀️🙌 please send again if you want!! 😊
  • sdr2015
    sdr2015 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I will help motivate you. I lost 60 pounds and let it creep back on, so I am back at it.
  • jenniferreyna259
    jenniferreyna259 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! 🙌😘
  • PonkiDoodle
    PonkiDoodle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been in the same situation and will be facing my 40th birthday in Sept. I have also struggled with my weight going up and down, so absolutely understand how frustrating it can be! You can do this!! Let's make our forties fabulous!!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    If you are ready to tackle the change of habits and mindset while also losing weight you are welcome to join my MFP Larger Losers group:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

It is for people who are starting with or originally started with 75 or more pounds to lose. It is also exclusively for people who wish to lose their weight in a sensible and sustainable fashion.

I am not really a person who will motivate you. I will be more likely to try to get you to focus more on the mental aspects of weight management instead of just losing weight. I will try to challenge you to gradually change what you feel is normal.
  • dave10703
    dave10703 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck from one newbie to another. You can do it. Stay positive
  • CapricornSun
    CapricornSun Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! Please add me😊
  • DarrellB1980
    DarrellB1980 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey I think you have a good mind set and can accomplish whatever you set your mind on!! I am 40 this month and opened this app 2 weeks ago and just watching my food has made such a difference and my eyes now are firmly on my goal😊Good luck and you can add for support if you wanted👍
  • AmberlyMarlene
    AmberlyMarlene Posts: 119 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I lost 80 lbs only to gain back 80 plus 40! 110 lbs of damage later I know exactly how you feel. I just "restarted" this week as well, and I'm making a point to develop LONG TERM healthy habits. I'll be damned if I allow myself to not get back to being healthy and happy, but even more so if I let myself gain it all back again.

Anyone is free to add me. I've been making a point to fill my feed with like minded motivational and supportive people and fully intend to reciprocate.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,380 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds a lot like mine ..... I lost 78lbs back in 2009/2010 with this site ....I had a bad habit of giving up on myself only to gain everything back numerous times here I am now lost 30 lbs then I fractured my foot April 2019 fast forward I re fractured it this year just by walking my 2 fur babies ....I had foot surgery in March of this year ...still not cleared to workout ....

You are welcome to add me if you would like ....wishing you the very best on your journey .. :)
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
    The MFP community is fab ❤️
    Lots of encouragement and motivation.
    😁💪🏼🎉
  • TommyTS88
    TommyTS88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Keep going you got this!!’