Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone jump ropes for endurance?

I got hooked to jump roping last year and I do it on and off as warm up and sometimes as cardio. I have not counted minutes or jumps but I think I can jump rope for 2 min straight and 30-40 minutes taking breaks. But recently I have been thinking of jump roping for endurance.

Next year, I plan to trek in Nepal, the upper doplo trek. Last time I was quite exhausted while trekking Everest base camp, and I figured since I like jump roping, maybe to train for endurance, I should pick jump roping with 20000 steps everyday.

Any advice on how to build up to it, good endurance via jump roping?

Replies

• katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    I have a crossrope and I've found if you adjust your pace you can go longer. It gets easier. I think it's normal with something that highly aerobic, to have to take a break.
  • Grace_spaceship
    Grace_spaceship Posts: 80 Member
    I wish I was better at jumping rope, I always trip on it as I start to get tired. My partner does do it twice a week for overall cardiovascular health and it is helping his endurance, he is able to skip (jumprope) longer each week. If it's something you enjoy you should do it!