Weight loss burn out

2»

Replies

• cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,091 Member
    OP. In one post you say you aren’t allowed a diary? Do you have an eating disorder and is not keeping a diary part of the treatment?

I feel like you are leaving some important piece of information out and it may alter the advice you have been given.

What is your medical condition?
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    OP. In one post you say you aren’t allowed a diary? Do you have an eating disorder and is not keeping a diary part of the treatment?

I feel like you are leaving some important piece of information out and it may alter the advice you have been given.

What is your medical condition?

Pretty sure she said dairy rather than diary.....
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    edited June 2020
    +1 dairy rather than diary; but, the comment did prompt me to look and for once MFP search worked!!!

During this stressful and highly emotional time, I will extend sincere wishes to the OP for success in her quest to resume treatments. This definitely looks like a short term sprint, with no real push for long term weight retention considerations.

If the OP has the time, the resources, and is truly interested in improving her experience, I would continue to urge her to collect all the information she believes she has been given and drop it into the lap of a registered dietitian who can then interpret and rank everything for her in terms of importance, helpfulness and necessity to her goals.

If the OP's outcomes would truly benefit from an anti-inflammatory diet and lifestyle, an interesting review of what is actually included in one can be found here: https://www.fammed.wisc.edu/files/webfm-uploads/documents/outreach/im/handout_ai_diet_patient.pdf

Take care and good luck!
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Is there anything you really like that you could make from your list of ingredients? As opposed to just stuff you'll eat?

For me, things I would actually enjoy would be:
    • Scrambled eggs
    • Bean burger or veggie burger with sweet potato fries
    • Grilled fish with sweet potato fries
    • Tomato and bean stew
    • Blueberry pancakes (with gluten free flour - I don't know if you have Doves where you are, but I highly recommend it)

I have dietary restrictions too (allergies) so I sympathise. I work out what I want, how many calories I have to play with, then work backwards to create a recipe that fits into that.
  • fatburninmashin
    fatburninmashin Posts: 2 Member
    I lost 40lbs, so when i feel tired , i made a backpack with about 40lbs in it and try to carry it around. Just makes me realize i have come some way and not to give up. From time to time have a cheat day, then be prepared for next 7 days to loose that water weight or better go on 1-2 day water fast and that water weight rolls off! Hope that helps.