It's time to lose myself

Options
Hi there! I'm very serious about this but definitely need some motivation to keep going. I do really well for a week or two and then all motivation goes away. Any tips, tricks, or just someone to hold me accountable would be great! I love how I feel when I'm working out and eating right but sometimes it's just so hard! I'm really looking forward feeling great about myself again and hearing how other people have been able to lose so much. Thanks!

Replies

• squishysangel
    squishysangel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg...This site helps with the motivation and accountability...add me if you'd like.
  • hannahrella82
    Options
    hey there, i find if you think too far into the future it can become really overwhelming and seem impossible. i find if you just concentrate on each day at a time it doesnt seem so impossible. i try to eat any junk food when im with other people, you wont eat as much. best of luck!!!!!!
  • zoodalia
    Options
    Welcome, I really struggled with motivation too but this website is amazing, everyone is really nice and supportive!
  • mistylnc
    mistylnc Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    There are some great people on here that can def help keep you motivated! Feel free to add me if you'd like, and best of luck!
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! Good luck on your weightloss journey, and add me if you'd like :flowerforyou:
  • smegs44
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone!!! I really appreciate it! I'm really looking forward to meeting people on this sight and getting the tips/tricks/motivation from everyone out there!
  • Kristy144
    Options
    ! I stay motivated by looking in the mirror, as weird as that sounds its true. I know being healthy is more important to me than some yummy food I am going to have to work out twice as hard to get off! I love this site MFP is awesome and there is alot of great people on here who can help encourage you! :D
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm very serious about this but definitely need some motivation to keep going. I do really well for a week or two and then all motivation goes away. Any tips, tricks, or just someone to hold me accountable would be great! I love how I feel when I'm working out and eating right but sometimes it's just so hard! I'm really looking forward feeling great about myself again and hearing how other people have been able to lose so much. Thanks!

My motivation has been this site. I use it everyday and log in everything I eat and how long I excercise. I really love it when I see people posting their before/after pictures, thats the best motivation for me, because I see how well other people are doing just by tracking calories and excercising and I CANT WAIT TO FINALLY POST MY BEFORE & AFTER PHOTO.

I've been at it since July 7th and ive learned a ton, it took me a while to get the hang of eating right and etc. but once I did it was a breeze to stay focused.

Add me if you'd like :)
  • magllhn
    magllhn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am re-starting after giving in to the stress eating that got me here in the first place. As 12 step programs say... it really is "one day at a time" I can do anything TODAY! Just don't ask me to look too far out. That is why mini-goals are so important. Would love to have you add me as a part of your team. We need each other!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and good luck with your weight loss journey!! You will find lots of encouragement, support and amazing people on here.