My body fat tested and I’m feeling extremely sad and discouraged

Options
My body fat tested and I’m feeling extremely sad and discouraged. I’ve been working so hard and I am kind of stuck so I thought I would go get a DEXA fit scan and my body fat percentage was off their charts I’m 43.9% body fat! I know better but mentally in my head I was saying oh as long as I’m in my mid-30s I will be OK and not only am I not that I’m much more. I’ve been working hard since January and I’ve been stuck so I was hoping maybe I was just gaining muscle

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're bummed out! Maybe 43% is a major improvement from where you started! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sorry you're feeling bad. Try and focus on the fact that you have been working hard and have no doubt made progress from where you were at the start of the year. Keep it up and am sure the numbers will keep going down x
  • Ale_Nka1
    Ale_Nka1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am on the same jorney as you. It is a difficult one and it is hard, but you are on your way. It is ok, because if you stick to it, a month from now, you will see the change and it will motivate you.
  • AlannaWulf
    AlannaWulf Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just keep going. Use this for motivation and see where you are a couple months from now. :) You got this!
  • algrif37
    algrif37 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    At least you were brave enough to learn the truth and now you can work at doing something about it.. Take the information and empower yourself. Maybe work more of building muscle ..perhaps you lost some losing weight? Talk to a professional and figure out a plan. Keep up your good work.
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If you don’t let this information hold you back, one day it will be just a starting point in your successful journey.