Beach body

Options
Is it worth the money?? I have a significant amount of weight to lose (70lbs) & want to add something to my current routine.

Replies

• sohamkho
    sohamkho Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I’m on a similar journey! I’m sure this is a change you and I want for the better! So let’s get going✌️🙏
  • rosebud69155
    rosebud69155 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I think that BOD is worth its weight in gold! Having access to ALL of their programs, you’re almost guaranteed to find a program that works for you.
    I’ve been using it for a couple years now.
    Feel free to add me! ✌🏻
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    It depends on what kind of programs you like. It's definitely worth looking into a free trial. Hopefully, you can test drive some things.

I use YouTube & DVDs. There's so much out there to choose from.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    For me, absolutely. I hate the gym and really prefer to workout at homes and I’m much more motivated when I have a program to follow. So while there are lots of free YouTube workouts I could use I just don’t find them as useful as having a set program with a workout plan for each day.

My husband and I both use the account and it’s way less than two gym memberships would be.

Stay away from their MLM *kitten* though. You don’t need their shakes/supplements, you do not need a “coach” (those people have zero qualifications), you don’t need their food containers system. Just stick to the workout videos.
  • wowser5
    wowser5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just joined yesterday, and going to do the 21 day fix to start off with. I have 100 lbs to lose. I am not doing the shakes, just the exercises.
  • arismells
    arismells Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of great workouts. That being said, I wouldn’t put too much stock in following any program too closely unless you’re really into that kind of thing, except maybe the progressive lifting programs. There can be a sense of failure if you don’t follow exactly how it’s set up but it still works even if you don’t! I tried a bunch of different programs and found the actual workouts I loved and just do those. Also, I find that a lot of the workouts are difficult but still only add up to a short amount, time wise. Like a 30 minute workout might only be 18 minutes of actual exercise, so it’s easy to think you truly got 30 min when you really didn’t.
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for Beachbody On Demand for a year. It’s similar in price for a year of Netflix so I figured it was a good price. Plus, I do better with a specific program to follow for workouts. This gives me tons of options so I don’t get bored. 21 Day Fix is good. Cize is fun, as is Country Heat (and I don’t actually like country music! Haha). I’m actually doing several weeks of Cize right now though I only just started it.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I just use YouTube because it's free. I'm following Sydney Cummings and she has a 12 week program called summertime fine 2.0. She also has over 800 videos on her channel, along with the other programs she has put out before this one. If you like Les Mills workouts, Quest Club is great. If you like step, there's fitoutsidethebox, Jenny Ford, CDorner, and others. I also like Yvette Bachman. There's just so much to choose from!
  • c_ray0191
    c_ray0191 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info everyone! So I went ahead & got signed up since it’s 14 days free. I’m not too excited about the app, the program portion is very plain & I can’t seem to find categories or a way to search certain videos. Is there a way to do this??
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    c_ray0191 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info everyone! So I went ahead & got signed up since it’s 14 days free. I’m not too excited about the app, the program portion is very plain & I can’t seem to find categories or a way to search certain videos. Is there a way to do this??

Beachbody pretty much assumes you want to pick a program and do it, as opposed to just picking videos at random so there’s not really a search feature like you’re wanting. It’s really best for people who want to follow a program. The website has a few filter options but it still gives you programs as opposed to individual videos

Not sure what you mean by “the program portion is very plain” there’s so many there to pick from?
  • c_ray0191
    c_ray0191 Posts: 11 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I meant plain as in there’s not specific categories or videos that are meant for working on certain areas. I want to focus on my arms & legs so I thought there would be videos for things like that.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    A program would hopefully include all body parts, so you wouldn't necessarily need to pick a video for that. But if that's what you want, you might be happier using something else.
  • ByFaith4Life4Christ
    ByFaith4Life4Christ Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have BOD and I love it. I am on wk 4 of Hammer & Chisel. I love being able to workout from home.
    I also like a structured plan to follow.