Losing weight not on the hips

Options
Aloha199
Aloha199 Posts: 10 Member
edited June 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello does anyone have any ideas for targeting tummy and hip fat.

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Yep, the only solution to targeting a specific area is plastic surgery, and that's not sustainable unless you also change your lifestyle to support the results. Slow and steady overall weight loss is the answer here.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    I guess accepting that you will lose weight where you don't want to lose it, and it will take longest in the areas you really want to slim down. Sods law I guess. :(
  • angelakl2016
    angelakl2016 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat and while I am discouraged when I cant drop a size because of those damn hips. I remind myself that eventually my body will have to use those fat reserves at some point as I progress in my weight loss journey. :)
  • Aloha199
    Aloha199 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you that’s made me feel like I can get there 😊
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You can’t target stomach and hip fat. If those areas are the first you gain wait in, they will probably be the last areas you lose weight from. You can workout to help shape your body differently though.
  • hlr1987
    hlr1987 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Aloha199 wrote: »
    Thank you that’s made me feel like I can get there 😊

You can completly get there, it's just consistency and patience. For the first weigh in ever- I just lost half an inch on my hips and no change anywhere else. I think I've finally exhausted the easy to digest fat...