Advice Needed Thread

KosmosKitten
KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
edited June 2020 in Chit-Chat
Got a particular problem or issue you would like to get advice on? Or a decision between multiple options you just can't decide on? Ask it here! Let Chit-Chat help you!

9ocj854khm9v.gif

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    Question: I want to dye my hair (AGAIN). What color should I go for?
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member

A bright blue/green color.
  • somejaykid
    somejaykid Posts: 52 Member

well first we need to know your personality before we can give you guidance. are you the life of the party or you a mellow type person?
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member

If you want colourful, purple and blue. One colour more than the other, with bold chunky streaks of the other- you could pull it off.
    If you want subtle, a caramel balayage
  • KosmosKitten
    somejaykid wrote: »

well first we need to know your personality before we can give you guidance. are you the life of the party or you a mellow type person?

Shall I post photos of my past hair colors?

I am not "the life of the party", but it is rare for me for my hair to be a "normal" color. This year marks the first year in over a decade that I have seen my natural hair color.

I like bright, flashy gaudy things (to wear), but I am a mellow "wallflower" personality.
  • somejaykid
    somejaykid Posts: 52 Member
    please do I don't remember seeing your past hair colors lol
  • KosmosKitten
    somejaykid wrote: »
    please do I don't remember seeing your past hair colors lol

Okay, there's a ton of pictures, so forgive me. I'll try to condense:

vmku215fxnrb.jpg
    ueyc1uyoni5y.jpg
    yj2kjnie8rlw.jpg
    60ush6jziry5.jpg
    699r6yt9jnhs.jpg
    ln1c65ridm6e.jpg
    ocnl65vz8ly9.jpg
    2esaaytlzq2b.jpg
    e1iaafogpgne.jpg
    05olf3txefnm.jpg
    hk7dfuimwwmq.jpg

It's also been black with orchid highlights and orange, but I don't have photos of those because that was back in the "before times". When people had bricks for phones and whatnot. :lol:

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    edited June 2020

I always liked your purple hair 💜
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    The dark teal color from the pic with the sunglasses is my favorite of the colors. You pull off alot of colors well though, that's impressive!

I really like the cut in the picture where you have an antler (?) In your hair.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    I like the 3rd and 5th photos best but that is my favourite colour.

I thought you'd be limited to darker shades because your natural colour is dark but I see you've been successful with lighter ones too.

Pastel-Pink-Hair-With-Rainbow-Highlights.jpg

Looks cool but probably tricky to accomplish.
  • flynntrader
    flynntrader Posts: 210 Member
    Should I get takeout tonight or cook ramen again.

og9f08x83haw.jpeg
  • KosmosKitten
    Should I get takeout tonight or cook ramen again.

og9f08x83haw.jpeg

Depends. What do you have to go with the ramen? If you can add veggies or meats/egg/tofu, you can go far with basic ramen packs. :yum:
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    Should I stay or should I go?
  • lissaflowerthesecond
    lissaflowerthesecond Posts: 50 Member
    i like that black blueish one where you have that cool mitten with music notes on it
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I love the purple and blue combo!! Maybe green but lighter than what you had before. I also like the orange/black. Way to be adventurous and fun!!!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Are there any interior decorators here?

5wvk4kw1xh1e.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how to finish out this space. I need some book storage for 15-20 books. There is about 3 feet between the end of the desk and the wall, I could do a short bookshelf you can't see from this angle down there. I was going to put some pictures above the chair, but I could potentially put two shelves above it and put the pictures above the desk instead? I'm thinking book shelves above the desk would be too much in front of the window. The lamp will go, it's not needed

Thoughts?

(Please ignore the mess, just stuff crammed over there until I figure things out!)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

5wvk4kw1xh1e.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how to finish out this space. I need some book storage for 15-20 books. There is about 3 feet between the end of the desk and the wall, I could do a short bookshelf you can't see from this angle down there. I was going to put some pictures above the chair, but I could potentially put two shelves above it and put the pictures above the desk instead? I'm thinking book shelves above the desk would be too much in front of the window. The lamp will go, it's not needed

Thoughts?

(Please ignore the mess, just stuff crammed over there until I figure things out!)

What about a smallish bookshelf right in front of your window? You could put plants on the top of it. Then, depending on how many pictures you have, you can scatter them throughout the room.

BTW, I love that you have a walkout space, onto a deck(?). I'd love something like that, into my backyard! But our back year-round sun room is about 8' off the ground so would need stairs down into the yard.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

5wvk4kw1xh1e.jpg

Thoughts?

What about a smallish bookshelf right in front of your window? You could put plants on the top of it. Then, depending on how many pictures you have, you can scatter them throughout the room.

BTW, I love that you have a walkout space, onto a deck(?). I'd love something like that, into my backyard! But our back year-round sun room is about 8' off the ground so would need stairs down into the yard.

That's definitely an interesting thought I hadn't considered. I do like my plants :)

Yes, that's my back deck. That is one thing I love about this house, lots of natural light in all the rooms along the back wall and we have 4 sliding doors that go out there, 2 in the master/this little office is part of the master room, our living room, and dining room. Just have to be careful in the summer because those doors all get full afternoon sun so that can heat things up a bit.
  • Reckoner69_lmao
    Reckoner69_lmao Posts: 1,000 Member
    So my cat laid down and fell asleep on my to-do list. Do I disturb the cat and get my list, or do I just take a nap?