Garmin Express/Connect Not Synching Workouts

Madwife2009
Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
edited June 2020 in Fitness and Exercise
I have a Garmin Vivofit - one of the early ones. I synch it via Garmin Express on my laptop.

Up until last week, it would synch fully and I could see my steps, workouts etc., on Connect.

Since last week, it only synchs steps and total calories, ie, it does not synch workouts.

I have replaced the batteries in the Vivofit, uninstalled and reinstalled Express but this hasn't helped.

Any ideas as to what the problem may be, other than my complete inability to make technology do what I want?

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,083 Member
    I have the same problem (kind of!) too.

I have a Garmin connect watch. I have it synced to my MFP... but no longer auto-writes workouts to MFP. I only see MFP food cals written to Garmin app on my phone.
    So have to check in two places. Annoying!
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    It's a fault with MFP. I hope it's fixed very soon, it's very frustrating!
  • Madwife2009
    Whilst I appreciate the replies, my issue is nothing to do with MFP.

I'm talking about the actual Garmin Vivofit, Garmin Express and Garmin Connect.

I do not upload data from my Garmin to MFP.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member

You may have better luck contacting Garmin. I was able to resolve an issue with them via chat in about 5 minutes.
  • Madwife2009

You may have better luck contacting Garmin. I was able to resolve an issue with them via chat in about 5 minutes.

Yeah, I contacted them earlier. They didn't have a clue. Their solution was a 30 percent discount off a replacement . . .

I am sure that this happened on a previous occasion but it miraculously resolved itself.

Ah well, if it's dead then it's dead.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    The sync function obviously works, the computer app is working - or nothing would come across.

That leaves the device either not really recording the workout, or it not being handled correctly after the sync.
    I'm assuming they had you do a hard reset on the device, and resync to get your info back on it?

When you hold the button to start a workout, it really kicks over to other screens you can go through regarding the workout?
    The function to hold button to stop a workout seems to work?

I'd go into the Garmin Connect setup for Device Settings and try changing some that deal with workouts.

Like if Move IQ is enabled - disable it.
    Maybe add all the screens for viewing when timer is on.
    Sync the settings to VF.

Try a workout, see if functions during workout walk seem to be correct.
    Then sync and see if anything comes across with Express.
    Then set some options back to where they are desired and sync again.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    For the others - my workout last night synced over to MFP just fine. And Mon, and Sun, and Sat.
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    I've had no problems with my Vivosmart 4.