calling all non-moms!

hello, mfp world!

years ago, we had a group running for women with no children who wanted to lose weight. i'm hoping to once again connect (or reconnect!) with some mfp friends of the child-free variety.

if you find that you are in a place where you need to lose, but you got there by eating for one your whole life, and your weight is all yours, not post-pregnancy weight, i'm hoping you will join me! and if you are one of the non-moms from days of yore, i hope to cyber see you around again!

looking forward to meeting all of you and taming the scale-beast together!

Replies

• eryn0x
    eryn0x Posts: 138 Member
    edited June 2020
    What do you have against moms? Lol I only understand the part about moms who were fit before pregnancy and are now burning post pregnancy weight.... maybe you feel they can’t relate. I don’t understand excluding people with children generally...
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    I'm a non-mom
    hello, mfp world!

years ago, we had a group running for women with no children who wanted to lose weight. i'm hoping to once again connect (or reconnect!) with some mfp friends of the child-free variety.

if you find that you are in a place where you need to lose, but you got there by eating for one your whole life, and your weight is all yours, not post-pregnancy weight, i'm hoping you will join me! and if you are one of the non-moms from days of yore, i hope to cyber see you around again!

looking forward to meeting all of you and taming the scale-beast together!

I'm a non-mom =) I'm mostly done with the losing stage and am now onto maintenance, macro/micro tracking for nutrition improvement. Wouldn't mind joining if I can help add to the conversation =)
  • vickyjane8566
    vickyjane8566 Posts: 5 Member
    Hey all... I'm an non-mom (or non-mum!) as well, have only myself to blame for my pizza and choc habit!
    I've just passed the 10lb loss mark, and have 15 to go.
    Would like to add to the conversation as well 🙂
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    edited June 2020
    emmies_123 wrote: »
    I'm a non-mom =) I'm mostly done with the losing stage and am now onto maintenance, macro/micro tracking for nutrition improvement. Wouldn't mind joining if I can help add to the conversation =)

congratulations on reaching your maintenance stage, and i would love to cyber-hang out with you!

• chanstriste13
    Hey all... I'm an non-mom (or non-mum!) as well, have only myself to blame for my pizza and choc habit!
    I've just passed the 10lb loss mark, and have 15 to go.
    Would like to add to the conversation as well 🙂

this is what i'm talking about - my questionable eating habits are solely mine! way to go with the 10 pound milestone! i'm hoping to meet that mark in the next week or two (but then i'll have more than 15 pounds left to lose...).

• wo0psies
    wo0psies Posts: 13 Member
    I have PCOs and have been overweight most of my adulthood. I have friends who may have put on weight but due to having children. I know my weight gain is my own doing so I'd like to connect with women who are in the same boat. Honestly it's embarrassing for me to admit I did this to myself while others due to baby weight. I don't think she meant to exclude anyone.

My weight gain is due to my own poor choices and PCOs. I'd love to connect with like minded women ... :smile:
  • chanstriste13
    edited June 2020
    thanks to everyone who recognizes that i am just hoping to connect with women who might be going through a weight loss journey similar to my own. <3<3<3

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    eryn0x wrote: »
    What do you have against moms? Lol I only understand the part about moms who were fit before pregnancy and are now burning post pregnancy weight.... maybe you feel they can’t relate. I don’t understand excluding people with children generally...

While I don't agree on excluding anyone, I will say that I see a TON of threads called things like "Looking for Mom friends", "Calling all Moms", "Active Mommies", etc. Since I am not a Mom, I am not a part of the club and I'm excluded from these groups. This is the first one I've ever seen seeking "non-moms". Interesting.

First non-mom thread I've seen too. As another non-mom, I appreciate it.

Although, due to uterine fibroids, I've had a 5 month-sized uterus for a few years...come on menopause, I'm almost 54, where the heck are you?!?
  • chanstriste13
    @kshama2001

whoa! okay, that sounds like it sucks - i've never heard of that! kudos for you for still phoning in and kicking a$s!
  • chanstriste13
    for any of you ladies interested, i've rebooted the non-moms group of yore. just search for 'non-moms' in the groups tab, join, and post under the 'welcome' thread. hope to cyber-see you there!
  • Eu_phony
    Eu_phony Posts: 1 Member
    Yep, I'm a non-momma.... I have no excuses
  • eryn0x
    edited June 2020
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Ladies, this is what we're not gonna do. Let the "non-moms" have their thing. Let the moms have their thing. There are plenty of intersectional threads. Why stomp on this one?

Unless there are a plethora of people going into the threads with parents who are women questioning representation, just let these ladies live their lives. C'mon now.

Im not a mom, so I agree I have no business asking moms about mom representation. I’m a non-mom and was genuinely curious what the perceived benefit was. I asked and was enlightened. I don't have a problem with the threads existence.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    @eryn0x Without that disclosure, my feminist discourse was off-kilter so my apologies.
  • chanstriste13
    edited June 2020
    Im not a mom, so I agree I have no business asking moms about mom representation. I’m a non-mom and was genuinely curious what the perceived benefit was. I asked and was enlightened. I don't have a problem with the threads existence.

well, you did ask, but after a rather large blanket sentiment carrying the general assumption that i have something against mothers. i personally did find that a little naughty, but it's cool. i'm glad to know that it was an unfounded blip on the intrawebs. :)

• dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Non mom here
  • eryn0x

well, you did ask, but after a rather large blanket sentiment carrying the general assumption that i have something against mothers. i personally did find that a little naughty, but it's cool. i'm glad to know that it was an unfounded blip on the intrawebs. :)

I’m sorry. Thanks for being nice about it.