Aloha from Hawaii

Options
Hi Everyone!
My name is Cam. I found this site a few months back but finally decided to use it. I have lost weight before (92lbs actually). I was motivated and found it quite easy. Well, then life changed. I had another baby, my husband (who is in the army) relocated us to another state, and then left me with a 2 week old, and extremely hyper 4 yr old, for a a 15 month deployment. So, I went into survival mom mode and forgot about myself. Sadly, I gained it all back!! Well, now my boys are 8 and 3 and I am ready to get back on track!! Plus being in Hawaii is a HUGE motivator as well. There are very few plus size clothing store here. I'm looking for support, positivity, and encouragement. Feel free to send friend request. :)

Replies

• puppywalker
    puppywalker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi Cam! Welcome. I am new to the site also and need some support and friends. I am with you on the up and down scale...and understand the frustration of having to do it all again. But I know we can do it this time with the support of the MFP community. Let's do it!!
  • HawaiiCam
    HawaiiCam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! WE will do it for sure!!
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • TrishMahon
    Options
    Good luck and I wish you luck! I am sure you can do it!
  • HawaiiCam
    HawaiiCam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the welcome!
  • ShanaDarling
    Options
    Welcome Cam! :) You are definitely in the right place!!

I was born and raised in Hawaii -- and I miss it! ...and sad to say, the thing I miss most about the islands (other than my family) is the FOOD!!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, and good luck with your weight loss journey!! You will find lots of encouragement, support and amazing people on here.
  • AlohaBrook
    Options
    Hey All, I too live in Hawaii and would love to find out if there is some sort of support group here in the island???
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! You will love this site and the support! I was borned and raised in Hawaii... :)
  • celinborromeo
    Options
    Hello we have to start somewhere. I'm also starting over after having my second baby. We can do it!!
  • bica1124
    Options
    Hi is my first day, I hope I will do better tomorrow.
  • yogabebe
    Options
    welcome! i lived in hawaii for a bit and miss it very much. you are going to do great! feel free to add me. :)