Looking to Reboot, and lose 50lb. Support needed please!

Options

Replies

• PotatoHead_
    PotatoHead_ Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Arwww, it automatically replaces swear words with kitten, LOL. I didn't even use the whole S word, I used astericks!
  • ThilaM87
    ThilaM87 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @PotatoHead_ , B (switch to a group) for me :)
    I get too anxious if I dont weigh-in daily. The not knowing part just kills me, haha
  • louisejen5918
    louisejen5918 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sundays are good for me. It's my weigh day anyway
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh-ins are good for me. I'd prefer a group format as it offers some privacy. :)

@PotatoHead_ I use to run 10ks a couple years ago, but with the added stress, emotions and weight gain I've been out of it for a bit. I'm going slow and steady and consistency mixed with losing weight will help me.

Another 1.5 mile walk/jog combo last night. Took my middle kid, my youngest kid and our dog. My poor dog isn't much into long walks or runs so the kids sat with her under a tree while I finished the last lap. My middle kid, the one that runs with me, did great again. :smile:
  • PotatoHead_
    Options
    Due to early feedback, I have set up the group. Hopefully you have all received invites now!

@busyPK Gosh you sound like you will soon get back to that peak fitness from a couple of years ago! I have wished I had a dog ever since lockdown here, as I find walking alone really odd! Good for you, roping the kids in too! Are the schools open in the US? Ours shut down here in England in late March, but they just reopened for only a limited number of age groups - nursery, Yr 1, Yr 6, and I think shortly Yr 10 and Year 12 might be opening. The rest are staying shut til September.

Any newbies who want to join us in the group, just post in this thread and introduce yourself!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I went to the "Groups" section and the group was near the top and I joined. This will be my last post here I suppose.

@PotatoHead_ Once I lose a bit of weight I know the jogging will get easier. My dog is a good slow walker, but she is small and running is just too much for her. Plus she likes to stop and sniff everything! Schools closed where I'm at back in mid-March. Then the school year ended in mid-May and now it's summer break. I hope schools will open for next school year on schedule which is mid-August, but it is unsure if they will go back to the classroom or do something virtually or a mixture of both. Time will tell.
  • thutch40
    thutch40 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Back in 2018 I had successfully lost 105lb but as of today sadly I have gained 44.5lbs back. I could blame covid and being off since the end of March but covid did not put junk in my mouth and stopped me from moving. Since being off I’ve gained 16lbs and now I have no summer clothes and might return to work in a few weeks. Needless to say I’m in a pickle but will and trying to get back. I’ve been on keto for two plus years and lately I have been not dirty keto but nasty keto lol! Looking forward to help with getting motivated and back to the me that I was.
    I’m always here to help out as well.
  • meegerzeb
    meegerzeb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Anyone who wants a friend in their newsfeed is welcome to add me! I've been struggling to get off this plateau. Immediate goal is to lose 15 lbs, but real goals is 35 lbs.
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Options
    I am not really sure what I am doing. I joined friends here, is that automatically the group? I will look at groups. I look forward to us all gaining insights and helpful motivation as we work on our better selves.
  • fairy_daisy
    fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi all, there's so much I can relate to in all this. @PotatoHead_ thank you so much for organising, I'm happy to move to a group - I can't see an invitation though, but maybe I don't know where to look. I think I'm still going to weigh daily for the moment, I think I just kind of need the routine, but I'm happy to have an official Sunday weigh in.
  • fairy_daisy
    fairy_daisy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    @PotatoHead_ I'm an idiot, I've just seen the group - under 'Groups', d'oh....
  • hanweky
    hanweky Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don’t think I’ve been invited yet? Not positive tho
  • PotatoHead_
    Options
    Hi All,
    Invitations definitely sent - I think 5 of you have found it now!

I think it's impossible to find the invites on a mobile phone - but maybe try 'Community' and then look in your 'notifications' (the bell). That's actually the only way I can get back into the group on my phone...I can't figure out another way!

I think there's a much better chance of finding it on a computer though. Click on 'Community', and then on the top bar click on 'Groups' rather than looking down to the message boards. If all else fails, you'll find it there near the top of the list of Groups, with Reboot in the title!

I'm dashing off this morning - I'll come back and reply properly later, including to the newbies!
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    @PotatoHead_
    I’d love to join too. So many re-boots, one has to work and why not this one!
  • PotatoHead_
    Options
    @thutch40 Your success there is that you haven't put it all back on - far from it! You've come back to MFP to prevent that, and nip it in the bud, so welcome! I will send you a Group invitation, and try and follow the tips above to find the invite or the group itself! Do please introduce yourself to everyone on the Group introductions thread, especially since you are new to us all! There's also a thread on there where I've asked about keto - so you will be able to contribute!

@H2596 Ditto, I will send you a group invite, but please introduce yourself on the Group introductions, as we don't know anything about you as yet!

@meegerzeb I'm not sure if you are seeking newsfeed pals only, or also our new group. Please let me know if the latter. Ta.
  • PotatoHead_
    Options
    @veryhotmails Hiya, thanks for linking to me through another thread. This is the chat I was talking about. Do you want to read this thread, and introduce yourself to us, and join our Group?
  • veryhotmails
    veryhotmails Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi all, a newbie here. So here is my little me... A mother of 2 bunnies, ages 12 and 5. Am a Care/Support Worker. Used to run 5k Park run before the arrival of the 2nd bunny who will be 6 in few months. So much had been pounded and it has got to the state of me taking my life back. Last weight (12/6/20) was 105.5kg aiming for 95kg seriously. Now I try to do a very long distance walk most days, last month was a great success (the lockdown helped) but this month so far am just pushing it and starting to introduce jogging to my walks. I hope I will be able to achieve my goal here as so far it looks like am always lost in a large group. Motivation is a big thing for me while adding challenges by the side. Any other thing?...
  • PotatoHead_
    Options
    @veryhotmails Welcome! You might want to copy and paste your intro onto our new group page too!

Well done on all that walking, and you seem very determined - hopefully that will rub off on the rest of us who are hoping to add in more exercise as we progress!

We'll just be a small group so as we can remember who each other are. I do think it's sometimes hard to shoe-horn into a message thread/group that already has hundreds of messages!
  • hanweky
    hanweky Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ooh okay found it, gotta open groups, might not show up in notifications :0
  • merfhur
    merfhur Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’m also back after 5 years of gaining.

I’ve fought a tough battle with depression and alcoholism and now I’m focusing on my weight.
    I’ve also taken up running during lockdown thanks to couch to 5k, pretty bummed out that COVID derailed my gym sessions with my personal trainer, but we’ve been doing at home body weight stuff.

SW: 207lbs
    CW: 201lbs
    GW: 140lbs

I’m 5’7” and 27, based in London.

I’d love to join this group for support and to give praise and encouragement 😊