Friday, June 5th: 128.4
    Friday, June 12th:
    Friday, June 19th:
    Friday, June 26th:
    Friday, July 3rd:
  • brittlb07
    brittlb07 Posts: 313 Member
    edited June 2020
    I know weigh in is Friday, but I need some support and advice! Just a bit of back story....

I lost nearly 30 pounds from January 2019-September 2019 simply by counting calories- like zero formal workouts. I stopped counting calories (silly mistake), gained back about 5 pounds by March 2020, Covid hit and I gained another 5. So this is why I started this challenge group...

This time around I am trying to also incorporate running. I am still closely monitoring my calories just like in 2019. Yet in two weeks, with nearly 300+ calories worth of running a day, I can’t break the 129 barrier! I started around 131 when the challenge started and I’m still jumping between the 129-130 range (I am only 5’4’’). Is this normal? I keep reading that it’s my fat turning to muscle. But is that really a thing? Even for three weeks? Again- I know how to do this process! I did it very carefully in 2019 going from 147 down to 119. So why is it so hard to break 130 a year later WITH extra running? Any support or insight or encouragement would be awesome!

Edit to add: I only eat back about 1/3 of my workout calories.
  • beachbody4l
    beachbody4l Posts: 208 Member
    brittlb07 wrote: »
    I know weigh in is Friday, but I need some support and advice! Just a bit of back story....

I lost nearly 30 pounds from January 2019-September 2019 simply by counting calories- like zero formal workouts. I stopped counting calories (silly mistake), gained back about 5 pounds by March 2020, Covid hit and I gained another 5. So this is why I started this challenge group...

This time around I am trying to also incorporate running. I am still closely monitoring my calories just like in 2019. Yet in two weeks, with nearly 300+ calories worth of running a day, I can’t break the 129 barrier! I started around 131 when the challenge started and I’m still jumping between the 129-130 range (I am only 5’4’’). Is this normal? I keep reading that it’s my fat turning to muscle. But is that really a thing? Even for three weeks? Again- I know how to do this process! I did it very carefully in 2019 going from 147 down to 119. So why is it so hard to break 130 a year later WITH extra running? Any support or insight or encouragement would be awesome!

Edit to add: I only eat back about 1/3 of my workout calories.

I've run on and off throughout the last 5 years and when I am running regularly my weight not only increases but stays higher. I've been told it's just water weight but how can I maintain 5-7 lbs of water weight for months at a time? When I stop running though I lose weight quickly and without effort. I don't know why because I'll eat the same amount when running or not, but I'm convinced I should just find another cardio activity.

Not sure if that helps but just know you aren't the only one. :)

• brittlb07
    Starting Weight: 131.0
    Goal Weight by July 4th: 126.0

Friday, May 29th: 129.8 (-1.2)
    Friday, June 5th: 129.4 (-1.6 overall)
    Friday, June 12th: 129.2 (-1.8 overall)
    Friday, June 19th:
    Friday, June 26th:
    Friday, July 3rd:

Slow week. Lost next to nothing. I’ve started running and actually have been able to run for a longer time than in my whole life without stopping. Really hoping this is just muscle weight as I’m sticking closely to my calories.
  • indunna
    indunna Posts: 221 Member

Slow week. Lost next to nothing. I’ve started running and actually have been able to run for a longer time than in my whole life without stopping. Really hoping this is just muscle weight as I’m sticking closely to my calories.

@brittb07 Assuming that you are measuring your food accurately and not eating back all your calories some of that weight could be water. You could try decreasing sodium and increasing water intake to shed water weight if that would give you pleasure. BUT

Awesome that you are improving your cardio health IMO it’s not all about the lbs.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Starting Weight: 206.4 5/24 weight
    Goal Weight by July 4th: 197

Friday, May 29th: 206.2
    Friday, June 5th: 205.8
    Friday, June 12th: 205.6
    Friday, June 19th:
    Friday, June 26th:
    Friday, July 3rd:
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 210 Member
    Friday, May 29th: 232.0
    Friday, June 5th: 231.8
    Friday, June 12th: 231.0
    Friday, June 19th:
    Friday, June 26th:
    Friday, July 3rd:
  • brittlb07
    edited June 2020
    indunna wrote: »

@brittb07 Assuming that you are measuring your food accurately and not eating back all your calories some of that weight could be water. You could try decreasing sodium and increasing water intake to shed water weight if that would give you pleasure. BUT

Awesome that you are improving your cardio skills health IMO it’s not all about the lbs.

I am only eating back about 1/3 of my running calories. Using an Apple Watch, etc. Yes I weigh my food and measure everything! I lost nearly 30 pounds in 2019 so I know how it do it haha it’s just not working well while building muscle. I’ll trust the process. In 2019 I did NO formal workouts.
  • brittlb07
    Hi everyone! I'm joining a bit late.

Starting Weight: 130
    Goal Weight by July 4th: 119

Friday, May 29th: 130
    Friday, June 5th: 128.4
    Friday, June 12th: 127.1
    Friday, June 19th:
    Friday, June 26th:
    Friday, July 3rd:

Out of curiosity, what are your goal calories per day? Our weights are very similar and I am at a stand still :(