I am currently.... Geek edition

2»

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I am currently (when I am done with all the orders for masks) making costumes for the now postponed Tolkien themed Medieval Fare. I have made the Smaug wings and tail for my son and am working on the mask. I have made the hobbit outfit for my other son and am brainstorming hobbit feet. And for myself I have made a trial corset for my elf ranger (although elves are not overweight, a but of a conundrum there). I want to make ears too and then my dad still needs his Gandalf outfit. He is working on the beard himself4vy7sdva9m0j.jpg

Uhm... impressive! Sewing corsets is no joke! Takes a lot of work just to produce one!

I like the color choices and construction! Good work! <3

Thank you 😊

It was definitely a labor of love. But I think I am hooked. I already have the material and notions for the next one and the following one's pattern is in the drafting stage
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    j_bark wrote: »
    ... watching some Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (best one!). Also, John Williams is the man

Our lovely radio station found some poll asking who the best movie hero was, Indiana Jones won.

It sounded like an older generation got pulled, mostly 80s and 90s movies were in there. Not much of the marvel stuff that has been big more recently
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Saturday morning cartoons.... GI Joe again.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    ... watching some Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (best one!). Also, John Williams is the man

Our lovely radio station found some poll asking who the best movie hero was, Indiana Jones won.

It sounded like an older generation got pulled, mostly 80s and 90s movies were in there. Not much of the marvel stuff that has been big more recently

Maybe it's the iconic status that happened? Parents forced their kids to watch those 80s and 90s movies. But they won't watch Marvel, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc.

I like Indy and all, but wouldn't get my vote.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member

I'd imagine just because it was Harrison Ford.

anybody else had played that character and it wouldn't have been remembered as fondly
  • clord2
    clord2 Posts: 413 Member
    Saturday morning cartoons.... GI Joe again.

Good memories from when I was a kid. Dragging my pillow and a blanket to watch Looney Tunes and Thunder the Barbarian.

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I am currently (when I am done with all the orders for masks) making costumes for the now postponed Tolkien themed Medieval Fare. I have made the Smaug wings and tail for my son and am working on the mask. I have made the hobbit outfit for my other son and am brainstorming hobbit feet. And for myself I have made a trial corset for my elf ranger (although elves are not overweight, a but of a conundrum there). I want to make ears too and then my dad still needs his Gandalf outfit. He is working on the beard himself4vy7sdva9m0j.jpg

Uhm... impressive! Sewing corsets is no joke! Takes a lot of work just to produce one!

Thank you 😊

It was definitely a labor of love. But I think I am hooked. I already have the material and notions for the next one and the following one's pattern is in the drafting stage

Might have to get you to teach me your method or ask what resources you're using to make yours. I have had less than stellar luck putting them together in the past and just resorted to buying really well made ones from other artisans.
  • Catlessi41
    Catlessi41 Posts: 39 Member
    Crocheting, drawing. . . .taking pictures of my cats. jefu96yc0nw7.jpg
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited June 2020
    iMago wrote: »

I'd imagine just because it was Harrison Ford.

anybody else had played that character and it wouldn't have been remembered as fondly

Actually, one of the lady hosts mentioned that, she said they should have just had an "any roll Harrison Ford played" selection. Suprisingly, sounded like Hans Solo wasn't on the list.

Also that was supposed to say *local* radio station. But they are lovely too I suppose 😆
  • KosmosKitten
    meowsana wrote: »
    Crocheting, drawing. . . .taking pictures of my cats. jefu96yc0nw7.jpg

Fellow hooker, so I gotta ask: What are you crocheting that's so colorful? :grin:
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member

Thank you 😊

Might have to get you to teach me your method or ask what resources you're using to make yours. I have had less than stellar luck putting them together in the past and just resorted to buying really well made ones from other artisans.

I actually can't remember my sources. I do know that I use the welted seam. I don't think I would be precise enough to use anything else. And for boning I actually just used zip ties. Shhh
  • KosmosKitten

Thank you 😊

I actually can't remember my sources. I do know that I use the welted seam. I don't think I would be precise enough to use anything else. And for boning I actually just used zip ties. Shhh

Wait... that actually works!!?? Holy hell, finding actual boning is already a pain. I might have to try that at some point!