Help

Options
Wondering I'm 88kg and would like to Stick to the same weight but I would like to gain muscle and get ripped and lost my body fat what would be the best way to go about it ,
I know how to train
But my diet I'm lost on what should I eat daily for my meals thanks

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You can really eat whatever you want.

To maintain your weight, you need to eat your maintenance calories.

To support muscle growth, make sure you hit your protein goal. At the very least, you'd want to exceed the mfp default goal, but the typical recommendation is @ 0.6 - 1g per lb of lean body weight.
  • paulairens
    paulairens Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So setting up this app would 50%proten 30% carbs 20% fat
    Be goals I would want to try and hit for a daily 1777 cals
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,546 Member
    Options
    1777 calories sounds VERY low for your weight and size. What kind of weightloss goal did you chose?
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    paulairens wrote: »
    Wondering I'm 88kg and would like to Stick to the same weight but I would like to gain muscle and get ripped and lost my body fat what would be the best way to go about it ,
    I know how to train

gaining muscle in a caloric deficit is very, very hard. I would recommend a slow recomp. @AnnPT77 has a thread on recomp. She is also a buff one! Aunt Granny has delts I would kill for!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    Why 50% protein?

The app will set your macros for you at the default setting of 50% Carbs, 30% Fat, 20% Protein. That's a good start point.

And yeah, set your Goals here to "Maintain my weight," then add in exercise to the Exercise tab when you do it and eat a bit more on those days to fuel that exercise. 1777 does sound low for your weight.
  • paulairens
    paulairens Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Had a google and seen that if I eat more proten high than carb it's more a lean bulk,
    And I've to eat about 1900 but if I lower my cal to 1777 with a high proten diet I would lose the body fat but gain the muscle
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    50% protein? I mean if you like protein... sure. I would say 25-30% or 1g per lb of body weight is sufficient. There has been a few studies pushing higher than that with no ill health effects and even some body recomp on heavy training individuals, but even then I question the results some. I would suggest kevin halls BWP https://www.niddk.nih.gov/bwp to help set maintenance calories and adjust with progress or lack of progress. I like the BWP personally and know several "professionals" that use it for their clients. Lift hard!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,851 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    paulairens wrote: »
    I know how to train

gaining muscle in a caloric deficit is very, very hard. I would recommend a slow recomp. @AnnPT77 has a thread on recomp. She is also a buff one! Aunt Granny has delts I would kill for!

Wait, what? No, Aunt Granny doesn't have a recomp thread. Aunt Granny doesn't even recomp, she just li'l ol' ladys her way through life, and what happens happens. ;)

There exists an excellent recomp thread (ain't mine): https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat

I did post an eating plan, however:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

It should work fine alongside any exercise program of choice.

However, it's all a loosey-goosey hedonic eat-your-own-way-to-good-nutrition kind of thing. If, at the other extreme, you want a hyper-prescriptive plan of detailed meals/recipes to eat for specific macro/calorie goals, you could take a look at https://www.eatthismuch.com/ . (That one's waaaay too structured for an aging hippie like me.)

OP, I agree that recomp would be a better plan for your goals. Lose the calorie deficit idea. Eat at maintenance calories, get enough protein, train consistently with a good progressive program, and you get your best odds of building muscle. And, if you build muscle at constant body weight, you will lose fat . . . because energy's got to come from somewhere, and your're adding mass (muscle) without increasing weight. It's just math.

FWIW: You outweigh me by around 30kg, I'll bet you're taller/younger (I'm 5'5", age 64), you're 100% more male, and I'll bet you're more active (even not including exercise), because I'm retired and quite sedentary. I'd lose weight pretty steadily at 1777, or even 1900. I admit I'm mysteriously a good li'l ol' calorie burner, but I have a hard time believing your weight-maintenance calories would be 1900. Where did that come from?

Really: You say you want to stay at the same weight. Eat at maintenance calories.

Without intending to be mean or snarky - because I really am just a sweet li'l ol' internet granny who likes to see people accomplish their goals efficiently - if you got some of those perspectives about protein and calories from a website or IG-er, and that's also where your strength training program came from, I'd suggest checking out this thread, too:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

. . . and definitely that recomp thread, regardless of your choice of program.

Best wishes!