Weighing scale help

Options
I weighed my dumbbells on my scale and it measures those right. But is it possible that its still not accurately weighing me?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,114 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Why do you think your scales are not accurate?

PS: to your scales further, I would weight myself with and without said dumbbells and see if the difference corresponds with the weight of the dumbbells.
  • kbk1335
    kbk1335 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Why do you think your scales are not accurate?

PS: to your scales further, I would weight myself with and without said dumbbells and see if the difference corresponds with the weight of the dumbbells.

I don’t know, I’m just wondering if its a possibility??? One of my other scales isn’t working properly and it sometimes reads the same as my proper one and sometimes its totally off.

I actually have tried weighing with and without the dumbbells and it’s accurate.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    It's not impossible (therefore by definition it's possible!) as measuring devices can be accurate/inaccurate in different ranges.

Also remember percentages and rounding - 4% of a 10lb weight versus 4% of a 200lb person for example.
    There's also the assumption that your 10lb (or whatever) dumbbell is also actually 10lbs of course.

It's also possible for domestic scales to be very accurate (mine were when tested against a calibrated scale), or somewhat accurate, or very inaccurate.