Is my body just saying, that's it, no more?

Options
OAS5
OAS5 Posts: 374 Member
I went from 273.6 a few years back to 199.0 last June. My goal is 185. Since that time of hitting 199 last June I have been bouncing between 199 and 204 every single day of every single week which is normal fluctuations. When I hit plateaus going down from the high I just pushed through. I was headstrong and just said do what you do and it'll start going again and it always did but this time it won't budge. Now being a year its a pretty good sample size. I admit I am not the most precise calorie counter, I guesstimate here and there if its not something I can just scan. I'm not off by that much though I know that.
I'm afraid to do a "reverse diet" because as foolish as it sounds I do not want to see the scale go up and I'm afraid to reverse diet and not be able to go back. The old slippery slope and gain 75 pounds deal. NO WAY am I going near that.
Is body just telling me, that's it? No more losing, I'm not allowing it?
Also don't get me wrong I'm ecstatic at where I am. I am over the moon but I still want this last 10-15 off. I know what I looked like at 190 and I liked it, and want back to it, just can't seem to get there.

Replies

• OAS5
    Options
    briscogun wrote: »
    OAS5 wrote: »
    Thanks, I get a ton of exercise at work. I have an extremely physical job. 10,000 steps is norm, 12,000 to 15,000 some days. I thought that would be enough to overcome a few calories here or there. I'm glad I stayed the same and didn't gain. Proves I can do that when time comes. Thanks again for the help.

If you are moving at work that much then MFP is already giving you "credit" for that movement when you set up your settings. You probably chose "very active" I'm assuming/hoping?

The way MFP works is that the input settings you choose will dictate how many calories you are recommended to eat. Those activity settings are describing your activity throughout the day, during your job, etc. NOT your exercise levels. Intentional exercise is calculated separately.

So your calorie goals should already be including your 10,000 steps a day, and if you are calculating your "calories in" incorrectly then then you can't out-walk the bad logging. Does that make sense?

I have MFP hooked up to Google health and the numbers come from that. I think I have it on active. Those steps are just a portion of what is burned too. There's a ton of movent the phone doesn't pick up on. It really only picks up the steps I think.
    I have MFP set up as .5 pounds a week too.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say you are not alone. I’ve been at 190 for a year after losing 50 lbs during the previous year. Like you, I eyeball food bc the food scale is a pita for me. I am ALWAYS hungry and constantly think about food. Ugh. Good luck.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    The other possibility is increasing your rate of loss so that MFP drops your calories by 250 per day. If you try to hit that target using the same habits as before it is possible you will being to lose again. It is not an elegant solution and if you have it in your head that you have a buffer you may find yourself inadvertently doing looser logging and still eating at maintenance. If not, the point is to eat below maintenance so however you do it doesn't have to be pretty just functional.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say you are not alone. I’ve been at 190 for a year after losing 50 lbs during the previous year. Like you, I eyeball food bc the food scale is a pita for me. I am ALWAYS hungry and constantly think about food. Ugh. Good luck.

If you log loosely and you are hungry you would probably, without realizing it, log in such a way to give yourself more calories.

What have you experimented with to try and control your hunger better?
  • OAS5
    Options

I should have said I am male, that is a definite difference. I am sorry for you though. I don't think about food all the time. That would drive me nuts. I hope you can overcome that.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    As several people have said, the last pounds are hard. Expect it to be slow and to require accurate logging / calorie deficit. Good luck.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    I think hard or not depends a lot on the mindset. The last few pounds will certainly be slow and there will be days where weight goes up due to water retention and lots of other reasons. But patience and a relaxed mindset certainly help.