Eating disorder

Options
I suffer from an food addiction I’m trying to overcome it once and for all I’m tired of over eating. Please add me to your friends list for support. I need help

Replies

• starchild41
    starchild41 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m also trying really hard to recover right now. I’m in the very beginning stages at the moment (I’ve struggled for 16 years now but have had a few periods of being fully in recovery). I’m here if anyone wants to talk or anything 😊
  • levelupboi
    levelupboi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also looking for support, even if it’s knowing that others are out there struggling, know I’m struggling. I have mild OCD and bulimia, which has become tightly linked to OCD. It has been 20 years or so, with periods of full, unbridled recovery and joy! The past relapse started about 2.5 years ago. Stressors at work, home combined with my own personal preference for being a private person, no one to talk to about the ED, very adept at pushing down emotions have led to a consistent daily habit. I started seeing a therapist about a year ago, but am taking a break from it. It was helpful, she made lots of good points. I’m ready to try to get myself out of this relapse (again).
  • Holly23bgs
    Holly23bgs Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am trying to recover from binge eating and bulimia. I am open to friends here for support.
  • clairerice7888
    clairerice7888 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also starting my recovery not sure if this thread is still used tho ! Hope you are all okay xx
  • George8383
    George8383 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm also bulimic had CBT therapy but gone back to my old ways cannot seem to get over it.
    Add me if anyone wants to. 😊😊😊
  • satoriorchid
    satoriorchid Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried LDN ( low dose Naltrexone)? Higher doses are helpful with addictions, lower doses (1-4.5mg) helps with mood, cravings, inflammation (I have autoimmune thyroid disease) and curbs appetite.
  • gracie245
    gracie245 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried LDN ( low dose Naltrexone)? Higher doses are helpful with addictions, lower doses (1-4.5mg) helps with mood, cravings, inflammation (I have autoimmune thyroid disease) and curbs appetite.
    Hiya, I've started taking it about a week ago. Never even heard of it until I went to a new endocrinologist for hashis and graves. Happy to compare notes @satoriochid