Post surgery, eating enough?

Options
I am 5 days out from breast aug/lift. Before I was working out daily, getting 13 thousand steps and eating 2400 a day. I am 5’7 133 pounds. I was eating to maintain and plan to continue. I won’t lie, I have a fear of gaining now that I’m down. I reset my goals to maintain and I am at 1,680 being sedentary. For the past 5 days I have been eating 1700 calories with barely any activity and making sure I’m drinking enough fluids. I have noticed the more I try to do things this past day I get lightheaded and I’m worried about not eating enough to recover but I don’t want to eat too much to gain. I’m off all meds except for a muscle relaxer. It’s only been 5 days so I’m hoping my body is still adjusting and that’s why I’m lightheaded.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Could the muscle relaxers be causing the dizziness, or from coming off the other meds?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    ChelzFit wrote: »
    I am 5 days out from breast aug/lift. Before I was working out daily, getting 13 thousand steps and eating 2400 a day. I am 5’7 133 pounds. I was eating to maintain and plan to continue. I won’t lie, I have a fear of gaining now that I’m down. I reset my goals to maintain and I am at 1,680 being sedentary. For the past 5 days I have been eating 1700 calories with barely any activity and making sure I’m drinking enough fluids. I have noticed the more I try to do things this past day I get lightheaded and I’m worried about not eating enough to recover but I don’t want to eat too much to gain. I’m off all meds except for a muscle relaxer. It’s only been 5 days so I’m hoping my body is still adjusting and that’s why I’m lightheaded.

What are you supposed to be doing, activity-wise, and could you be over doing it?

I have very debilitating periods and when it's heavy get light-headed climbing ONE flight of stairs so accept that I have different normals depending on TOM.

If that's not it, it could be meds as suggested by PP, but best to check with doctor.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I had a post-op appointment today and all looks good. Doctor said it could be caused by getting off the meds and just the surgery itself. I’m just anxious with wanting to make sure I recover but at the same time not gain a ton of weight!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,625 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Sounds ok, albeit a bit low. You're recovering from surgery. Even with zero activity lightly active calories would be appropriate. Surgery would be at least a 10%.... can be looked up
  • ebrookes73
    ebrookes73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Could be worth getting a blood check; you would've sustained some intraoperative blood loss and even a small quantity could be enough to tip you into anaemia if your haemoglobin wasn't very high to start with. Feel better soon!