Has anyone just started and has over 100 pounds to lose

Options
13»

Replies

• georgiamarsh1
    georgiamarsh1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Me! 18 pounds down, still 100+ to go. Feel free to add me anyone :)
  • krabuck
    krabuck Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has just started, how are you pushing through this first part? I am 10 days in and today was the first day that it felt extremely difficult. I really wanted to give up. Staying on track without seeing any kind of result is so tough!!! What’s your mantra or best advice?
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    krabuck wrote: »
    Anyone who has just started, how are you pushing through this first part? I am 10 days in and today was the first day that it felt extremely difficult. I really wanted to give up. Staying on track without seeing any kind of result is so tough!!! What’s your mantra or best advice?

Write every reason you need to lose weight...when it gets difficult, read your list why you are doing this...if I can lose weight and stick to it, anyone can...I will be 69 next month and I feel better than I have in years!
  • GNRfan
    GNRfan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have around 100 exactly to lose, lost 10lb already. I'm aiming for a dress size rather than a specific weight, but last time I was my goal dress size was when I was around 100lb less from my start weight. Anybody also with a large amount to lose, please feel free to add me for mutual support! (I'm a re-loser as well; I've previously lost 50lb twice, both times gaining it back and then some.)
  • liljroe8888
    liljroe8888 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes I’m just starting also it is so tough to start a new life my first goal is 100 pounds but long term I would like to lose around 250 pounds but anyway good luck to us all 😊
  • nurabh94
    nurabh94 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes! Started beginning of June and 6kg down (maybe like 12lbs?). 25 from the U.K. and a very short 5ft1 so I’m raring to go from a vanity and health perspective! I’m breaking up my goals into 10kg increments to feel accomplishments and not be discouraged by the amount (great advice from the MFP network to do that!)

Feel free to add as friend (to anyone on this thread) for support! We can do this!!!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

Consider this the start of adjusting your eating habits to be something sustainable. Analyze what makes you want to give up and consider how to overcome it. Break it up into little parts. Eating cookies makes me hungry. I remember that as I talk myself out of having Lorna Doones for breakfast. Doing the diary is a pain in the ptootie and I want to stop worrying about it. How can I delay stopping for just a bit more? Should I just not complete my diary today and get back into it tomorrow? Will I feel better knowing exactly how many calories I ate today rather than thinking the worst? Hmmph. Guess I'll fill it out.

It's a battle, sure. It's a battle anytime we try to change a habit like smoking or waiting until nothing clean is left to do laundry or putting off doing that report. But putting things off doesn't do anything except provide short term pleasure at the expense of still being a smoker, still having dirty laundry, still having the report to do, and, in our case, still being overweight. All of those "stills" cost a lot of self-induced agony. Pfft.

So, like you, I am working hard to change the eating habits of a lifetime and it sucks == but the game is worth the candle!
  • Lady_ArT3m1s
    Lady_ArT3m1s Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been overweight since 1992 and in 2013 I joined MFP weighing 310. I lost about 50 lbs but then I got lazy and I gained about 70 lbs. Now I'm starting up again due to osteoarthritis and a torn meniscus :(. So this time around, I started at 344 and I have lost 13 lbs. We can do this!! If you're looking for support, feel free to add me!
  • Ryften
    Ryften Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just syatyed, today. Ultimate goal is to lose 236. Feel free to shoot me an invite.
  • blahboohoo0
    blahboohoo0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    right here girl : )
  • bgsamuel28
    bgsamuel28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes girl, 100lbs to start with. Please feel free to add me for support. I am starting over day 1 tomorrow per the Dr recommendation I need to get on a healthier track. So we will see. Good luck to all you!!!
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options

I haven't just started, I've been at it for awhile now. But I've always kept two things in my notes that I've read quite often.
    "Pain is temporary, quitting is forever" and "when you feel like giving up, remember why you started"
    Best advice I can give is to keep pushing, it takes time but if you keep at it you'll start seeing results. Take pictures also, sometimes the scale won't move hardly at all but with pictures you can see the progress you're making
  • sheilamoody729
    sheilamoody729 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am restarting and need to loose 100 lbs