Daily calories and excersize

Options
Hello so I'm on 1,200 calories a day I started off with 1,380 for the first like 7 months been doing it for 11 months 1,200 isn't particularly hard because I workout up to 60 minutes a day so I get to just eat a little more but how much of what you burn do you actually eat does everyone eat all of there daily calorie limit a day or do you leave like 200 300 calories just incase in that 60 it wasn't what you burnt hope that makes sense only asking is because I'm always more or less eating all the calories I have in my limit only a few times il leave like 100 and don't get me wrong it's been working I've lost 2 stone but 2 stone in 11 months I think is a bit slow was expecting a little bit more and im now starting to think it's because I'm eating most of the daily calories and relying on exercise too to eat more and then I might not even be burning no were near as I think I am and eating over any advice would be appreciated as I'm not loosing much these days I do log all my food with a scale and most days eat healthy meats and veg but I do love a chocolate bar or 2 but these fit in my calories anyway so I wouldn't even blame the snacks

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    So you lost 28lbs in 11 months. That's2.5lbs per month. What's wrong with that? How heavy were you when you started out and how heavy now? The more weight you lose the slower it will be as your body needs less energy to basically exist and also everyday chores need less energy due to less mass that needs to be moved around.

Look, you post an awful lot of threads. There's a lot of anxiety in many of them. Really, try to calm down. What you are doing is working. And there's any chance you can't lose faster than this. So breathe, relax. Eat enough to feel good and strong.
  • allycs85
    allycs85 Posts: 40 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Punctuation would really help, this is very difficult to read.

It sounds like you are making good progress, try not to stress too much. What you are doing is working, so don't overthink it.

If it was so difficult to understand you could have just tried to read it and move on without commenting. No need to try and embarrass someone who's just asking for help.
  • allycs85
    Options
    Mfp is known for over estimating calories burnt from exercise. Try eating 75% of them for a week if that doesn't work cut to 50 then 25. What you are doing is working even of slowly, you're not sts or gaining. Do you have some kind of Fitbit or apple watch to compare what the calories burnt say on here? Keep going you're doing great
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options

It sounds like you are making good progress, try not to stress too much. What you are doing is working, so don't overthink it.

OMG, I keep wondering if she's pregnant. :)

But what others said, OP. You're doing fine. Other than not having you're period. :)

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Not seeing any reason to change when what you are doing is working.
    You have selected a tool to help you lose weight and you are losing weight - you would need a good reason NOT to use the tool you chose in the way it is designed to be used and so far haven't seen that reason.

Why do you think eating less and losing faster is necessary or a good thing?

You haven't mentioned what exercise you are doing, how you are estimating, or how many calories you are estimating for your up to an hour of exercise as day.

To answer one of your questions - yes I eat back all of my exercise calories but the vast majority of my exercise calories are accurately estimated so no leaving "200 or 300" cals would be counter-productive and make my estimates far worse.

• allycs85
    Options
    allycs85 wrote: »

If it was so difficult to understand you could have just tried to read it and move on without commenting. No need to try and embarrass someone who's just asking for help.

I was not trying to embarrass anyone, and in fact I did try to help - people are likely to get more advice if their messages are easy for the community to understand and the whole of my second paragraph was supportive and encouraging.

If you want to interpret that as something negative, that's on you.

There are dozens of genuine reasons why someone may not use the best grammar. You understood well enough to give the advice there was no real need to point out the lack of punctuation. If you can't see how what you said could have been insulting and or embarrassing than that is actually on you.
  • ashley_mullo155
    ashley_mullo155 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Thankyou there was no need for his rude comment to be fair not my fault I don't use punctuation we all speak in our own way bloody judgemental I'm not in a English lesson I'm asking for advice on a fitness page lol
  • ashley_mullo155
    Options
    OK most of these comments here are saying you don't see why I should change what's already been working I never said I wanted to change what I was doing never once stated that I asked for some advice as things are really slowing down I'm hardly even loosing weight these days and I think it's because I'm estimating my calories burned in my fitness pal and that's maybe not what I've actually burned so I'm eating over when I think I'm not and I should be loosing at least 1lb to 2lb pound a week and I don't and I workout to YouTube Jessica Smith TV cardio and strength training
  • ashley_mullo155
    Options

Thankyou there was no need for his rude comment to be fair not my fault I don't use punctuation we all speak in our own way bloody judgemental I'm not in a English lesson I'm asking for advice on a fitness page lol

Not using punctuation is a choice. It's a choice you're free to make, but when you deliberately choose to write in a non-standard way there is always the possibility that it will attract attention.

I don't know how to use punctuation I didn't finish school but why should I explain myself to you and this is why sometimes I get put off posting on here because you just get people that point out stupid things like punctuation get over it
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    OK most of these comments here are saying you don't see why I should change what's already been working I never said I wanted to change what I was doing never once stated that I asked for some advice as things are really slowing down I'm hardly even loosing weight these days and I think it's because I'm estimating my calories burned in my fitness pal and that's maybe not what I've actually burned so I'm eating over when I think I'm not and I should be loosing at least 1lb to 2lb pound a week and I don't and I workout to YouTube Jessica Smith TV cardio and strength training

Why do you think you should be losing 1-2 pounds a week? Do you know what the size of your deficit is?

1-2 pounds is a pretty rapid rate of loss.
  • ashley_mullo155
    Options
    Mfp is known for over estimating calories burnt from exercise. Try eating 75% of them for a week if that doesn't work cut to 50 then 25. What you are doing is working even of slowly, you're not sts or gaining. Do you have some kind of Fitbit or apple watch to compare what the calories burnt say on here? Keep going you're doing great

Thankyou and nope I don't have that i just put in cardio on the my fitness pal thingy and it comes out estimates and it's obvs not what I've burned so I'll try not eat over
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Maybe change your expectations? How much more do you have to lose? What are your height and weight now?
  • ashley_mullo155
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Maybe change your expectations? How much more do you have to lose? What are your height and weight now?

I halft to loose another 2 stone I have loads of fat on my stomach not so much the legs or arms anymore but a decent amount of fat on the stomach and it will take about another 2 stone so am 10 stone 3 right now started from 12,11 and I need to get to about 8,1 or too be honest whenever the fat comes off my stomach and I'm small I'm 5ft
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I halft to loose another 2 stone I have loads of fat on my stomach not so much the legs or arms anymore but a decent amount of fat on the stomach and it will take about another 2 stone so am 10 stone 3 right now started from 12,11 and I need to get to about 8,1 or too be honest whenever the fat comes off my stomach and I'm small I'm 5ft

I think that's only about 143 pounds? You don't weigh that much, the weight isn't going to fall off quickly.
  • ashley_mullo155
    Options

I think that's only about 143 pounds? You don't weigh that much, the weight isn't going to fall off quickly.

I'm not expecting it to fall off quickly 🤦‍♀️ I said it's going slow 2lb a month is not that much on my estimates its 2lb a week from my daily calories, I understand it won't fall of quickly I just want to loose more than just 2lb a month but thanks for the input anyway
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    3ekqvhk4ajuz.png
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

Ok. I think you are being ruder than I was at this point, but good luck to you.

It may be that you just have to accept a slower rate of loss. It might make you feel a bit impatient, we have all had moments where we wish it moved faster. However the good news is it's probably more sustainable long term and you can continue losing while eating a little of what you want, without feeling deprived.