Eating way below your calories ?

Options
2»

Replies

• mc62412
    mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I’ll keep an eye on it and try eating closer to the allotted calories. I’m not SUPER far from it. Maybe between 3 and 500 sometimes
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    @Strudders67 I go on to the calorie button on home screen diary which brings up a different screen choose the macros tab and then change the calories down, it will alter your fat protein and carb as well, which you can alter by % or chose the next tab for grams. I have read somewhere that if you under eat on your calories your body is put into starvation mode and will not use of your fat but instead save it. I will try to find it again and send the link

Starvation mode is a myth.
    This is the passage I was emailed from lifesum "4 things to avoid when losing weight"

Don't eat less than you need to get a stable weight loss curve. Risks are you'll just trigger your hunger so badly that once you treat yourself to something, you'll overeat like there is no tomorrow. Grehlin, also known as "the hunger hormone" will constantly work against weight loss to make sure the body doesn't starve, so by taking care of your hunger hormone, you're also paving your way to successful weight loss.

This is all good and the way to go!
  • squeakylynn
    squeakylynn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Mine also says it can't be tracked because I'm not at my 1200 calories for that day. If I'm at 1090 it won't track for the 5 weeks but at 1100 it will. This is my 3 meals today and still under 1100. This is a typical day for me. that is One pan french onion chicken for dinner.
    6zrgipupb3bd.jpg
    f7a6zuxtamdf.jpg
    zcs4p9rs4iap.jpg
  • mc62412
    mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Mine also says it can't be tracked because I'm not at my 1200 calories for that day. If I'm at 1090 it won't track for the 5 weeks but at 1100 it will. This is my 3 meals today and still under 1100. This is a typical day for me. that is One pan french onion chicken for dinner.
    6zrgipupb3bd.jpg
    f7a6zuxtamdf.jpg
    zcs4p9rs4iap.jpg

Since having lost 20 pounds my calories were adjusted. I started at 1880 allotted now it’s 1460 it’s easier to eat closer to the 1460 then it was the 1880 on some days. Yesterday though I only came in for the day at under 800 for the day. And I wasn’t hungry. I ate fruits and my dinner. And a good breakfast 🤷🏻‍♀️

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    mc62412 wrote: »

Since having lost 20 pounds my calories were adjusted. I started at 1880 allotted now it’s 1460 it’s easier to eat closer to the 1460 then it was the 1880 on some days. Yesterday though I only came in for the day at under 800 for the day. And I wasn’t hungry. I ate fruits and my dinner. And a good breakfast 🤷🏻‍♀️

I was there once..... its a very very slippery slope. Trust me.

QFT, and endorsement.

Some few women do truly need to eat as little as 1200 calories in order to lose weight, even at a safe loss rate. Those women are much more rare than the number who think they need to do that, or are trying to do that.

A rare day under 1200 isn't normally life-threatening, but it shouldn't be a pattern for any typical woman.

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    6zrgipupb3bd.jpg
    f7a6zuxtamdf.jpg
    zcs4p9rs4iap.jpg

This is really ALL that you eat in a day?!?!?!
    If so here is how to easy add calories to your meals, without even being able to notice them added all while making food taste even better.
    #1. Drizzle that fruit with honey. (100cal)
    #2. Drizzle with good quality flavour packed oil. (100cal)
    #3. Smear good amount of mayo (200cal)

Why are you eating so little??

Yup.

Also, while admitting that I'm terrible at eyeball-estimating meat (I'm vegetarian) so I could be wrong, I have difficulty believing that the food in those photos represents adequate protein for an adult woman. Nice veggie/fruit intake, compared to the average person, though. (Tomek, I know it's well below your usual ;) ).