How long

Options
bdelaney33
bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
So, obviously will vary for most. Just curious how long it took to start seeing some noticeable results? I’ve really only been back at it for 2 weeks; seems like I forgot how hard it is!

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 lbs, and I don't notice any difference. I'll likely need to lose 50 lbs to see a change.
  • bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    I've lost 20 lbs, and I don't notice any difference. I'll likely need to lose 50 lbs to see a change.

20 is great! Congrats.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    a year for me. I'm 4 years in and at goal.
  • KimiAR
    KimiAR Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The more numbers you track the more you would “See” that change: like girth Measurements. It may help to see sooner but honestly it’s so variable: if you’re highly focused on one area you may not notice others that react more quickly. Some
    People lose very quickly in their faces and so no much in say the abdomen so it looks more obvious in some pics. Things like that.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    This is a lifestyle change not a quick fix.
    Really, there is no end, your journey continues.
    Start with small changes that you can maintain. Eg., if you drink pop, then switch that out for water with lime in it.
    Track what you eat and monitor your weight and measurements.
    Then adjust as you go.
  • Lynatea
    Lynatea Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Took about 15 to start noticing my clothes were looser. 25 to drop a size.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    It depends on how much you have to lose,
    I had 25lbs to lose in total, and it was noticeable after the first 7lbs which was around 8 weeks.
    Every 10lbs for me meant I dropped a dress size.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,272 Member
    Options
    I had about 60lbs to lose, I started noticing after 10-15lbs.
  • cestra1125
    cestra1125 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Consistently tracking and regular at least 3x/week excercise, 4 weeks. 5 weeks 10 lbs down. I'm work full time and I'm in quarantine w/2 toddlers. If I was my husband I'd likely be down 30lbs by now, lol! :neutral: