What times do you eat your meals?

Options
Due to my anorexia, I'm extremely strict with myself. I feel ashamed of myself if I eat before 2pm & after 6pm. I need to get some sence of 'norm' as mine is so distorted.

Replies

• kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Don't be ashamed - you have acknowledged the 'issue.'

I eat about every 3 hours... 6, 9, 12, 3, 6. it's not easy, but i have learned to plan what I am going to eat and when.

Good Luck - you CAN DO IT! :smile:
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast at 8:00 a.m., lunch between 12:00 & 1:00 p.m., and I have dinner before 7:00 p.m. No food after 7:00 p.m.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I eat a little something right after my morning workout (about 6:00 am) - usually about 150 calories or so. Tons of research out there on the importance of breakfast - I'm not a huge breakfast eater, so a quick 150 calories does it for me.

Then I eat at 10:00, 2:00 and 6:00 for my main meals. I'll have a snack at 12:00 and/or 2:00 if I'm hungry again about 100-150 calories. These are all just approximations - work gets in the way sometimes and I need to move times up or back - but these are when my body naturally wants to eat it seems.
  • ThierMummy3
    Options
    I usually have cereal around 8am, snack at 10am, Lunch 12:30am, snack 4pm, Evening meal around 5:30/6pm.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Wake up at 8am -> cycle to work -> eat a yoghurt at my desk 9am -> lunch at midday -> dinner around 8pm -> bed at midnight

In fact, it seems I eat all my food outside of your time period..
  • hoosiermama1977
    Options
    I eat when my kiddos eat so basically breakfast at about 6 a.m, a small snack around 9, lunch around noon, afterschool snack, dinner and if I have calories left dessert after they go to bed so I don't have to share :) So I guess it ends up being about every 3 hours but my snacks are small - I like bigger meals with smaller snacks versus the 6 mini meals. Sometimes I miss one or two snacks but I make sure to never miss a meal.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I eat about every 3 hours. 8:30ish when I get to work, 11ish, 1:30, 3, 6.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to you. Recovery is a long road, but totally worth it! I am a recovered anorexic/EDNOS myself, so I (sort of) know where you're at. The staff at my recovery clinic helped me to learn about scheduled eating before my hunger signals started working again.

Right now I tend to eat about 6 times a day (scary idea I'm sure, maybe start with 3 meals and 1 snack at first?). Through the work-week, my eating schedule is something like this-

8:00am- breakfast
    10:00am- morning snack
    12:30pm- lunch
    3:30pm- afternoon snack
    6:00pm- dinner
    9:00pm- evening snack

Best of luck to you, and feel free to friend me if you need support in all of this. :heart:
  • hoosiermama1977
    Options
    If it weren't for my kids schedules and the fact that I like having set meal times so they aren't always begging to eat at weird times I'd just eat whenever I'm hungry :) In a perfect world you can just listen to your body. A bit harder with jobs, kids, business.
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    7:30 AM, 10 AM, noon, 3:30 PM, 7:30PM

My afternoons are not spaced very well because of when I work out and because I work full time and go to school.

Good luck to you!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    i eat breakfast around 8, snack at 10:30, lunch at 12:30, snack at 3 and one around 4, dinner at 6 and snacks at night around 8-9pm.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Breakfast 7-10
    Morning Snack 10-12
    Lunch 12-3
    Afternoon Snack 3-6
    Dinner 6-9
    Evening Snack 9-12

Sometimes it feels like I'm eating ALL day! :wink:

Little & often does it for me...

Sue :smile: x
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at 9, lunch at 1, have a snack at 4:30, then dinner somewhere between 6-7.. oh, then another snack between 9 and 10. :)
  • (((hugs))) to you. Recovery is a long road, but totally worth it! I am a recovered anorexic/EDNOS myself, so I (sort of) know where you're at. The staff at my recovery clinic helped me to learn about scheduled eating before my hunger signals started working again.

Right now I tend to eat about 6 times a day (scary idea I'm sure, maybe start with 3 meals and 1 snack at first?). Through the work-week, my eating schedule is something like this-

8:00am- breakfast
    10:00am- morning snack
    12:30pm- lunch
    3:30pm- afternoon snack
    6:00pm- dinner
    9:00pm- evening snack

Best of luck to you, and feel free to friend me if you need support in all of this. :heart:

Good on you for recovering! That sounds like a good plan :). I do have a dietician but the meal plans she gives me is too overwhelming. It will be hard when I'm back in college because I'll have different time classes on different days.
    Thank you<3
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I eat a little something right after my morning workout (about 6:00 am) - usually about 150 calories or so. Tons of research out there on the importance of breakfast - I'm not a huge breakfast eater, so a quick 150 calories does it for me.

Then I eat at 10:00, 2:00 and 6:00 for my main meals. I'll have a snack at 12:00 and/or 2:00 if I'm hungry again about 100-150 calories. These are all just approximations - work gets in the way sometimes and I need to move times up or back - but these are when my body naturally wants to eat it seems.
    this is pretty much my eating schedule too!
  • SophRW
    SophRW Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    6:30, 11:30 and 5.. sometimes I eat before everyone else, but this is what works for me
  • Thanks everyone! I'll keep looking over this when I feel overwhelmed. This will help me get through <3
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    Breakfast is around 8am.
    Snack around 10 or 11am
    Lunch is usually between 12 and 2pm.
    Snack around 3pm.
    Dinner is around 5:30 or 6pm.
    Snack around 8 or 9pm which is a glass of chocolate milk. :)
  • miss_motivation
    Options
    9:30, 12:30. 15:30 and 18:30

I don't understand how people can go 6-8hours between meals, I feel like I would pass out
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I eat every 3-4 hours to keep my metabolism going. I eat my first meal about 7 and have my last meal (usually a protein shake) around 7.