Protruding Belly / Fat % 24.7 / Skinny

Options
2»

Replies

• QueenOfVines
    QueenOfVines Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    If you deliberately gained weight, having it go to the belly is no surprise. While paying attention to your digestion, consider recomp (increase muscle mass, decrease fat mass) while making sure to give enough attention to core strength. That should take care of it. Getting enough protein to build muscle is important in this endeavor. You have a nice figure overall and I think you can make it work.

Yes, I suspect digestion may be part of the problem.
    Some days my tummy feel more like a ball than other days.

Ok... So focus is core strength , muscle building....

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you're on a better place mentally.

You do need to visit a Doctor, actually two:

First in order to confirm you don't have anything that is of any particular concern happening in your belly.

And next to consult with a physiatrist or similar in terms of figuring out the reason and best way to correct your posture. Posture could be partially self induced and correctable by things you can do, or it could be caused by mechanics having to do with other parts of your body / imbalances that may be making you adopt the posture.

Once all these things have been done/confirmed and you know whether there are any mechanical or internal issues then you will be in a position to evaluate what to do past that: exercises to correct posture? general strength training? both?!
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    Looks like poor posture and anterior pelvic tilt...

Im surprised u can see because i already tried to stand straight. I do have this issue. It does makes my belly look a lot worse.

Would u be able to advise any exercises that can help correct my posture?

It’s hard to quickly correct. I’ve had (still have) this issue myself at times. Modern life and sitting too much...

This might help:

https://youtu.be/K-CrEi0ymMg

• QueenOfVines
    QueenOfVines Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Looks like poor posture and anterior pelvic tilt...

Im surprised u can see because i already tried to stand straight. I do have this issue. It does makes my belly look a lot worse.

Would u be able to advise any exercises that can help correct my posture?

It’s hard to quickly correct. I’ve had (still have) this issue myself at times. Modern life and sitting too much...

This might help:

https://youtu.be/K-CrEi0ymMg

Thank you so much ! this video is enlightening!! :)
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Wall Posture. Position your feet about 12 to 18” away from the wall and slightly bend your knees. Lean back, placing your back on the wall. Slowly press your low back, tail bone, head, and shoulder blades against the wall.

Practice, practice, practice. I agree with Gary B. up there . ;)