Advice !

Options
Hello Everyone,
I am a 21 year old Female, I started my journey at 192.8 and I am now 187. I wanted to ask if anyone has any advice on any workouts that they enjoy, I mostly do running but I would like to try other things. Any recipies that you guys loved and kept y’all going? thank you in advance!!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    What about adding some weight lifting to your routine?
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    My advice is to find an exercise you truly enjoy, or you probably won't do it regularly. I tried running, yoga, boot camp, on and on. Until I discovered Pilates a year and a half ago there was nothing I could stay with. I LOVE Pilates. I actually look forward to it every day and if there's a day I can't do it for whatever reason I really miss it.

Second- you really do need to track your food intake honestly every day. It's so easy to "forget" something you ate or to underestimate calories.

Last- if you have a "bad" day where you ate/drank too much, didn't work out, etc don't beat yourself up. It's only one day. Get back on the horse the next day. I would say "good luck" but it's not about luck. You are in total control of this!
  • kuvadog
    kuvadog Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily recipes, but foods I have discovered that are healthier alternatives to what I was eating before and that help me to stay under my calorie allotment. Such as- Aunt Millie’s 35 calorie light whole grain bread, Dannon light and fit yogurt, extra lean turkey breast, lean ground beef, multigrain wheat thin crackers, babybel cheese, etc.
    Another thing that has worked for me is logging ahead of time to make sure I’m going to be within my calories for the day and that I’m close in my macros.
    When I started 3 months ago, I figured I’d not just lose weight, but become healthier on the inside too and make diet changes I could live with once I started on maintenance (which will be soon!).

Keep at it and find what works best for you. Having already started and asking for advice shows you’re definitely motivated and on your way to a healthier you.
  • cinthyaaa_02
    cinthyaaa_02 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much I will definitely take this and apply it!!
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I start thinking, that people have fall in love to run because they just don't know what kind of any other exercises existing in the world. There are body weight exercises, free weights, sport equipment, circula, r, cardio body, hiit , boot camp style, plyo, calisthenic, barre, yoga, weighed yoga, pylates, numerous group exercises and list going on and on. The running is very natural movement, I m not against it. But this is type of motion, the indivudual has to be prepared to, as long as this is one of most high impact of moves. It takes normally long time to run, and impact become so intense, run 20 min or longer for people just starting fitness program can be very damaging, because the weakest part of the body are their joints got on the slamming forge. Please understand. that not muscles , but joints, tendons and cartilages become strong with years of training, bring body weight to normal and good mechanics. Good luck to you with running, but stay away from long bouts. Your best bet start from 15-20 min short bursts and incorporate worm up and cool down along with it. May be even better do walk, fast enough to get you short of breast. Walking can be long, feel free to walk 5-10 miles a day
    I don' t see point why running? It does not develop all muscles, it compromises your hormonal balance, leaving you with overload of cortisol, the hormone promoting weight gain and destruction of muscles and organs. Have a complex of everything in moderation running, HIIT, resistance, plyo. Then will be good success and never gets boring. It may take some time to educate yourself or hire a good trainer. But it will be success
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    natasor1 wrote: »
    I start thinking, that people have fall in love to run because they just don't know what kind of any other exercises existing in the world. There are body weight exercises, free weights, sport equipment, circula, r, cardio body, hiit , boot camp style, plyo, calisthenic, barre, yoga, weighed yoga, pylates, numerous group exercises and list going on and on. The running is very natural movement, I m not against it. But this is type of motion, the indivudual has to be prepared to, as long as this is one of most high impact of moves. It takes normally long time to run, and impact become so intense, run 20 min or longer for people just starting fitness program can be very damaging, because the weakest part of the body are their joints got on the slamming forge. Please understand. that not muscles , but joints, tendons and cartilages become strong with years of training, bring body weight to normal and good mechanics. Good luck to you with running, but stay away from long bouts. Your best bet start from 15-20 min short bursts and incorporate worm up and cool down along with it. May be even better do walk, fast enough to get you short of breast. Walking can be long, feel free to walk 5-10 miles a day
    I don' t see point why running? It does not develop all muscles, it compromises your hormonal balance, leaving you with overload of cortisol, the hormone promoting weight gain and destruction of muscles and organs. Have a complex of everything in moderation running, HIIT, resistance, plyo. Then will be good success and never gets boring. It may take some time to educate yourself or hire a good trainer. But it will be success

Please share where you've gotten this information?
  • natasor1
    natasor1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I can t give you exact article link. I just stay on watch with sport developments from Jane Fonda times, thru body building and longevity exploration. So many things undoubtedly accepted in 70-80th, become obsolete in 2000. And further in 2020, we know so much about sport and physical culture; Many universities and labs conducting studies of muscles work, metabolism, effect of exercise on aging. Look for those in the internet, I bet, you will find thousands
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Totally agree that you need to find exercise that you enjoy. There are lots of free workout videos online. MFP also has workout routines you can try. I started with yoga, the went to BeachBody programs first PIYO then Brazil Butt Lift. In January I bought BeachBody On Demand, it gives 100s of workout programs. Each has a calendar. I like them because I don’t have to think, just start the video and follow what they do. I’ve progressed to the point where I’m doing heavier weights.

In terms of food, my husband does all the cooking in my house, so I don’t have any recipes, but I do have my standard breakfast that I enjoy: 1 tbsp each of chia, flax and hemp, a little milk. Let that sit for 10 minutes. Then add 30 grams of Dorset Muesli cereal (it is one of the few cereals I can buy that has no added sugar) and 170 grams of Greek yoghurt. Stir, add a little more milk, if needed. Let it sit 5 minutes. Then enjoy.
    I find it is a good high protein breakfast. It is pretty near one third each protein, fat and carbs.