Helping oneself is difficult

Options
My name is Liz. I am over 50 with 33 years of marriage,a good job and family but I have never taken focus on my health. I am the short round happy one in the group,silently hurting because I have not been pro-active on my health. So why now is what people ask? I have had multiple surgeries on my left side due to a car accident years ago and have regular Cortisone injections along with Botox for Migraines. Well everything hurts and I am tired of it so here I am looking for support from other people who struggle too. Thanks for listening to me vent.

Replies

• digestibleplastic
    digestibleplastic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I was at my wits end with my joints and pain as well when I started the journey. I have kept 50 lbs off for several years but I am still overweight and would like to now shed the last 20 lbs. Just keep in mind that every little loss counts as a win 💐
  • heather9986hg
    heather9986hg Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    You can do it just stick to the plan.
    I used to be over 312 ten years or more ago. I got down to 180.... twice. I always get off track and go back to 210-220 :(
    I recently got married and I'm back to 220 because I got off track again so I know how hard it is to focus on yourself
    I'm still learning that
  • Ccricfo
    Ccricfo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Looks like we're in the same boat....let's start paddling together. I'm fed up too.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP ....wishing you the very best .... Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • Butterfly_Ninja3
    Butterfly_Ninja3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My name is Liz. I am over 50 with 33 years of marriage,a good job and family but I have never taken focus on my health. I am the short round happy one in the group,silently hurting because I have not been pro-active on my health. So why now is what people ask? I have had multiple surgeries on my left side due to a car accident years ago and have regular Cortisone injections along with Botox for Migraines. Well everything hurts and I am tired of it so here I am looking for support from other people who struggle too. Thanks for listening to me vent.

Hi Liz :smile:
    I have issues with Fibromyalga and hurt every day. Some days are better than others. My joints hurt all the time, especially when it is night-time and it is time to sleep. I have restless leg syndrome as well which doesn't help that. I was on MFP for a few years and then gave up and just kept the mindset that I will live and die obese. I'm back because this extra weight is making things hurt MORE and I honestly miss getting on here and speaking with the community/friends. This site is awesome! I would love to be your friend on here so we can follow each other through the ups and downs if you don't mind?
    (My name is Crystal)
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
    Congratulations for taking your first steps toward a healthier you.

You’ve found a great app and community to improve or maintain your health and fitness. Whatever you’re goals are, there is a place for you here.

You are in the right place. Remember this is not a program or a diet, it is a lifestyle to a healthier you.

Browse around the community to find a group that suits you or stick with these threads. We are all here to help each other out and provide inspiration or motivation.

Start by reading some of the inspiration stories in the blog. You’ll find a theme there starting with:
    - make a small sustainable change eg., if you like to drink pop, then switch that out for water or sparkling water with lemon or lime in it.
    - Once you’ve adjusted to that change then make another small sustainable change eg., if you like to eat rice, switch that out for brown rice
    - Track what you eat
    - Monitor your macros
    - Monitor your metrics (weight and measurements)
    - Then adjust as needed
    - As you lose weight, your body is going to change, not only in appearance, but also in how it reacts to different foods.

You’ve made a fantastic first step by logging into MFP.

We are all here to support each other.
  • meowysmiling5779
    meowysmiling5779 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks I am trying. Food logging is helpful because I never realized how much or how poorly I ate.