The benefit of losing Facebook?

Options
2»

Replies

• aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    OP, congrats.

As for Facebook, it is only toxic if you allow it to be. It's different for different people. They have different reasons for using it, or not using it. It got started on it as a way to be informed on a class reunion and planning, as a group for our class was set up. It is still a way to keep up with reunion news and connect with former classmates, even if I didn't have much to do with them in school...lol. I am friends with some of them as well as family and people I have "known" for years from other online forums and bulletin boards that are now defunct. It is a great place for sharing of family pics and videos. I don't accept friend requests from people I don't know, or know who they are.
  • ChrissyChickie
    ChrissyChickie Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I was just curious if anyone else here left Facebook and see that I'm not alone. I left about a month ago and found I'm much happier and less stressed now. I do miss some of the for sale groups and a couple others.... but, overall much better now without it. I found that you can deactivate your fb account and still keep the messenger app on your phone if you want. I do this so I can still visually chat with people.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    You can control how you use Facebook just like anything else. I use it to keep up with crafters in my special realms of interest (pin loom weaving and loom knitting). I hide anyone who puts up too much political junk because I don't care to see that much of it. It helps me keep some track of family activities by what little they post. Just hide what you don't like and don't give anything on Facebook more weight than it deserves. Same with Twitter and anything of the like.
  • Dctorlynn1
    Dctorlynn1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't live near family. It's my way of keeping in touch.
  • reneunsinger1963
    reneunsinger1963 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would give up Facebook too, if I didn't have Facebook I wouldn't have found out that two of my uncles and my sister had died. My niece notified me through Facebook messenger and my cousins notified me through Facebook app. Facebook seems to be the only way I can keep in contact with some of my family members.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Got a life and was much less anxious (am much less anxious)...
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Huge waste of time for me so I deactivated my account 2 months ago. I'm studying for a very important exam, 5 hours long and crucial to my career advancement, and I need no stupid distractions in my way. Ditching Facebook freed up needed time for me. If you're anyone I care about and you need me or want to chat, you have my phone number and address.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I signed up to FB to stay in touch with my sister so she wouldn't waste money calling me (US-Canada; I hate the phone). She still fricking calls me. I stay on for memes.
  • rockconner
    rockconner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ultraastra wrote: »
    I’ve just completed week 3
    And I’m 8lbs down

I’ve successfully done significant weight loss twice before on MFP, but it’s taken me months to get back into it this time.

So what was the difference of the last 3 weeks? I lost access to Facebook! So every time I habitually looked to my phone where did I go? I logged my food!

I would like to build up a network on here if possible which will keep me coming back

Anyone? :)

I'm game. I've lost 66# since January & I post my diary most every day. I'll send you a friend request. -- rockconner

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!