Too much protein

I’ve already gone over on my protein for the day. Greek yogurt for breakfast and turkey tenderloin for lunch. What do I do about dinner?

Replies

• Lildarlinz
    Lildarlinz Posts: 276 Member
    One day eating too much protein won’t hurt...but just don’t do it for a few days in a row xx
    I did that by accident and I had the worst stomach ache ever! Sorry for the info but I couldn’t wait to have my bowels open! Haha!
    But then again I have IBS so maybe that contributed to the pain x
  • jessackerman21
    jessackerman21 Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2020
    What's your protein goal? Because Greek yogurt and turkey tenderloin shouldn't put you over any reasonable goal unless you ate a LOT of it. In any case, you generally don't have to worry about eating too much protein unless you have a medical issue that requires you limit it.

My protein goal is 65 grams (that’s what MFP gave me) I’m currently 10 pounds down (180 lbs)
  • jessackerman21
    jessackerman21 Posts: 44 Member
    Awesome! Thanks for the help!
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Unless you have kidney disease or another medical issue, don't worry about "too much protein."
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    No worries. The protein won’t hurt you. In fact, it will keep you feeling full longer.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Yup, didn’t sound like enough to me!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    65g seems fairly low

If you are 180lbs then 100-140g would be most recommendations (.6-.8 total weight)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    65g seems fairly low

If you are 180lbs then 100-140g would be most recommendations (.6-.8 total weight)

So much this.

I aim for 1g of protein/lb of bw. In general, you should aim for .6-1g/lb of your goal bw. But recognize, there isn't an issue exceeding even that number.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    I’m around 160lbs and I’m at about 130g protein a day so Use 65g as your absolute bare minimum as long as you don’t have a medical reason not to.